• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

That's gonna leave a mark...

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
I agree it's kinda hard to tell the voices apart, according to the NTSB report the pilot claimed the passenger "accidentally and inadvertently hit or bumped the counterweight portion of the cyclic."
If the voice was the passenger that would seem to support the pilot's story, it appears the NTSB wasnt buying the story, however beyond conjecture it's hard for me to judge since all my flight experience is confined to Citabria's and Cessna's...maybe a helo pilot could say if the pilots story is at least feasible?

Well it could be said that even if the passenger "bumped" the flight controls that the Pilot could still be held at fault for not properly briefing the passengers..

or that at least sounds like the NTSB/FAA logic to me..

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Clearance...Clarence...Vector...Victor...

Spot

11.5 years and counting boat free
Another possibility is the passenger could be apologizing to whatever accusation that the pilot accused him of during the 15 or 20 seconds after the crash (as the cameraman is walking up to them).

darrylcn

As for it being his fault, maybe the passenger said "looking up's for pussies".. Wow, what a video.

+1 for Machine, that was a great line and I didn't catch it the first time through because of my WTFs.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Looks like they crashed in a recumbent position which could have been the reason they did not see that badly injured when they got out...no broken backs.