• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Texas Man Cleared in Shootings

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
"Horn did not speak with reporters Monday, and had a "No Trespass" sign blocking the path to the front door of his home."

Something tells me it would not be a good idea to ignore that sign.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
"The message we're trying to send today is the criminal justice system works," Harris County District Attorney Kenneth Magidson said..."

Yes, it works. As long as your neighbor has a 12 gauge to help enforce it.

UMichfly

pilot
None
While I'm a firm supporter of someone's right (and responsibility) to protect themselves and their neighbors with deadly force, I have to call shenanigans on this guy's claim that he shot the dudes out of self defense. First, he tells the dispatcher, before he even confronts the jackholes, that he's going to kill them. Then, he shoots them in the damn back. From the information given (granted there may be other info that would change my mind) I think he was way too eager to USE deadly force when the THREAT of deadly force would have been just as effective. My $.02...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
While I'm a firm supporter of someone's right (and responsibility) to protect themselves and their neighbors with deadly force... etc., etc. ... My $.02...

I agree .. and the guy was lucky he was "old" and in Texas. In another jurisdiction .... ???

I shed no tears for the criminal miscreants -- chalk up two parasitic mouth-breathers that the system will no longer have to support. At the end of the day, we ALL ultimately get what's coming to us. :)

BUT: you have GOT to know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em if you are going to bear arms w/ the potential for their deadly employment. When I was actively firearms instructing, I suggested that a coherent, organized study of the firearms laws in your respective jurisdiction should always be the first "stop" on the way to the gun store.

There's just too many underemployed lawyers out there lookin' for a scalp --- don't let it be yours.

My $20.00 worth ...

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I shed no tears for the criminal miscreants -- chalk up two parasitic mouth-breathers that the system will no longer have to support. At the end of the day, we ALL ultimately get what's coming to us. :)

BUT: you have GOT to know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em if you are going to bear arms w/ the potential for their deadly employment. My $20.00 worth ...

We used to hang horse thieves in this country...wish we could do the same for car thieves...

On a seperate note, why is it in some parts of the country we can shoot some jackass stealing our stuff, but in others we won't use the death penalty for freakin' child rapists?! Something is surely amiss these days.

WishICouldFly

UO Future Pork Chop
We used to hang horse thieves in this country...wish we could do the same for car thieves...

On a seperate note, why is it in some parts of the country we can shoot some jackass stealing our stuff, but in others we won't use the death penalty for freakin' child rapists?! Something is surely amiss these days.

There is a difference between an accused (or even convicted) child rapist: the law makes mistakes.
Going along that line of thought, do you also support Louisiana's new legislation that requires convicted sex offenders to undergo chemical castration?
It's a bit different if you catch someone IN THE ACT.

Rg9

pilot

As said, different situation. The right to shoot someone is a right to self defense (defense of life, liberty, and property). Criminal justice, on the other hand, is giving someone what they deserve. Does a thief deserve the death penalty? Absolutely not. But I also have a right to protect my "estate" through deadly force.

All in all... don't agree with what the guy did. He clearly had an intent to kill and seemed to give little warning to the intruders. But... I also don't feel bad for the thieves. Legally speaking, I'm glad the decision came down as it did.

chupacabra

pilot
Contributor
Like others have said, Mr. Horn is lucky he lives in Texas, and even luckier that the two criminals he killed were illegal immigrants. I could see the jury's decision going the other way has these criminals been Americans.

I didn't think he was going to walk, given how many times he told the 911 operator his intent of shooting the burglars.

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
Like others have said, Mr. Horn is lucky he lives in Texas, and even luckier that the two criminals he killed were illegal immigrants. I could see the jury's decision going the other way has these criminals been Americans.

I didn't think he was going to walk, given how many times he told the 911 operator his intent of shooting the burglars.

I didn't realize illegal immigrant lives held less value than that of American citizens. Thanks for enlightening us.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
^ These "undocumented visitors" or whatever the proper PC nomenclature is now, were not merely guilty of illegally being in the country, they were burgalarizing a property. That being said, I don't agree with the coarse of action taken by Mr. Horn.

Lawman

None
I didn't realize illegal immigrant lives held less value than that of American citizens. Thanks for enlightening us.

This wasnt some woman sneaking across the border with her baby in tow to escape the violent expanse of ethnic clensing. These were criminal scumbags. One had a prior drug record. The world is a better place with them gone.

chupacabra

pilot
Contributor

I didn't say illegal immigrants lives' are worth less than the lives of Americans, just that because both of the dead men were in this country illegally, the decision was easier for the jury. Habitual criminal activity lowers the value of anyone's life.