• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS Pass/Fail

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
And are you talking from experience because ........
You are talking as if this is some big negative. TBS is not OCS. No one cares as long as you perform.

...because I went through TBS with a guy who had wings. He was "the guy with wings" the entire time we were there.

I'm not talking as if it is some big negative...it just increases your visibility in the company and therefore, if you suck, people will notice it. That is all.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
And a beautiful -18 it is.... VMFA-321 Hell's Angels... the very bird that flew on Sept. 12 doing some CAP stuff... incase you were wondering.

Its certainly moto looking at that thing when you're being thrashed by your SPC...

2Blades

"Chester" 4 blades transition
pilot
And a beautiful -18 it is.... VMFA-321 Hell's Angels... the very bird that flew on Sept. 12 doing some CAP stuff... incase you were wondering.

Its certainly moto looking at that thing when you're being thrashed by your SPC...

That is the same aircraft that ran off the runway at Quantico and into the Potomac River.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
interestingly enough you're allowed to open up the panels on it... I didn't know it went for a swim in the potomac though.. wow.

and yeah... I'm pretty much lookin up thinking about De Cartes and convincing myself that I don't exist when I'm getting thrashed :)

Riper Snifle

OCC 194 TBS C 03-07
I knew a few people to lose their commissions during TBS, mostly from my time in Mike company doing IFS. They are not looking to attrite you in TBS, but they do recycle if you don't fit the bill, some people several times. The people I have known to lose their commissions were for adultery, lying about falling asleep on duty and then telling a review board that your just in the Marines to fly (they don't like that) then they take your air contract and send you to the MCMAP center until you quit and they then throw you out. One person I know they sent to 1st CivDiv was beacuase he was a reservist and therefore guaranteed Ground Intel, but he wasn't any good at infantry tactics, if he wasn't contracted then they would have put him in another MOS, but that was an option so he was out of the Corps. Finally, I knew one Lt. who was crazy, I mean certifiablly, he told another Lt. that he had a dream about killing her and then told the psychiatrist that he had dreams of dying in combat. These are all extreme and rare cases would should reveal that losing your commission does not happen often. Losing your air contract can happen if you mouth off, do the wrong thing, or are medicalled out, but if you just stay motivated, work hard and do the right thing then it will not be an issue. I hope that helps. :)