• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tattoo

collegeguy

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO STOP A BLEEDING RASH ON A THREE-DAY-OLD TATTOO? i WAS WONDERING IF THERE'S A CREAM OR AN OINTMENT OR SOMETHING.

I TAKE IT FROM THE RESPONSES THAT YOU ALL THINK IT WILL BE BETTER FOR ME TO GET A "U.S.N." TATTO THAN "U.S.N.C." THANKS!

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!

collegeguy

I CHOSE TO GET THE "U.S.N." TATTOO. IT WILL BE PRETTY EASY TO GET THE "N" CHANGED TO A "M.C." IF I CHANGE MY MIND. SO NOW i HAVE THE WINGS ON MY RIGHT ARM AND THE "U.S.N." ON MY LEFT. THEYY ARE VERY GOOD AND MY FRIENDS AT SCHOOL LIKE THEM A LOT. MY ROOMMATE IS NOW THINKING OF BEING A NAVY JET PILOT TOO. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF YOU CAN GO TO OCS TOGETHER WITH YOUR FRIEND IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS DOING IT?

ALSO I DON'T KNOW WHY PEOPLE ARE SO UPSET ABOUT ME GETTING THE WINGS TATTOO. I'M JUST AN ALL-AMERICAN GUY WHO WANTS TO BE A NAVY JET PILOT AND AN OFFICER IN THE MAVY OR MARINES. IS THAT SUCH A BAD THING? I'M SORRY I DON'T KNOW AS MUCH ABOUT IT AS EVERYONE ELSE BUT I'M LEARNING A LOT.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!

LadyJayUSN

COLLEGE GUY!!!! WE'VE YA BEEN!!!

Let me guess, the new website threw ya for a loop and you've been searching endlessly for the old forums. I know, caught me a bit off guard too, but I'm sure a quick guy like yourself wasn't fooled for a minute!!!
eyebrows_125.gif

Congratulations, a new tatoo. I have to commend you on your extreme dedication. Now about your question:

Origionally quoted from COLLEGEGUY:
MY ROOMMATE IS NOW THINKING OF BEING A NAVY JET PILOT TOO. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF YOU CAN GO TO OCS TOGETHER WITH YOUR FRIEND IF YOU KNOW SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS DOING IT?

Sure do, but it's IMAPARATIVE that you follow my directions explicitly.

1. You've got to go into the recruiting office together, and dressed similarly. I would stick with the more trendy styles like...leather pants and a flashy silk shirt or jeans and a turtle-neck cashmere sweater. Recruiters appreciate good fashion sense because it demonstrates that you are in tuned with today's youth and will be able to relate to the junior enlisted.

2. Have your roomate get wings too, so that when you put your arms together, you make a matching pair.

3. Insist that your roomate be trained to become your 'wing man' or your 'RIO'. Explain to him/her that the two of you do things much better paired together.

4. Tell the recruiter all about the fabulous things your roomate is capable of (emphasize the big issues with exsecssive body language to get your point across). Trust me, this is just as impressionable to the recruiter as a recommendation from an admiral.

5. And most of all, just be yourself.

I wish you and your roommate the best of luck.
slaphappy_125.gif

<I SWIM 'CAUSE I'M TOO DAMNED SEXY FOR SPORTS THAT REQUIRE CLOTHING>

Daedalus

College Guy:
NASA has reviewed your qualifications, Congratulations you have been selected for the astronaut program. Please report to bldg 39 Johnson space center Houston TX. We will need to verify your tattoos so we know it's you

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Too funny.....Bwaaaa!
ea6bflyr [^]
Originally posted by Daedalus
College Guy:
NASA has reviewed your qualifications, Congratulations you have been selected for the astronaut program. Please report to bldg 39 Johnson space center Houston TX. We will need to verify your tattoos so we know it's you

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
ea6bflyr,

What do you think about cg. Is he a college guy or an IP?

Dave

eaw75

what ever happened to collegeguy? sorry to dig up such an old post, but these topics (the other is locked) were some of the best to hit this site.

BYSun

Just disappeared back into the woodwork.

He was obviously trying to get a rise out of some of the more 'reactive' members, and once his childish thirst for stirring up controversies subsided he went back to where ever he crawled out of. Kind of like a child kicking over an ant hill to see the little creatures scurry around furiously.

Such is life :>

Bryce

In the end it all comes down to a simple choice, get busy livin' or get busy dyin' - The Shawshank Redemption

coldplay

the general rule about tattoos is that they shouldn't show when wearing short-sleeves and you cannot get any new tattoos while in OCS. if you aren't covered in tattoos, i wouldn't worry.

lvgravy

"Be proud of them wings Mayonnaise, they're the only ones you gonna get!"

"Life is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid"
-unknown

rogerdoger

What if they do show with short sleeves? Would this DQ me? Could a waiver be granted if they are not offensive? Thanks. NR

sailorgloom

Here is the general rule of thumb. If you are prior enlisted with tats, you're good to go. Getting tats as an O is generally frowned upon. I regret not getting my tats when I was a PO2 before getting commissioned but that's life.

-SG