• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tattoo questions

usmcecho4

pilot
east vs west tattoo

try talking to a west coast recruiter the tattoo policy has been historically more lax for west coast recruits than for east coast recruits.

DarkOnyx

Excellent advice, thanks all. If she can't get in the USMC, she was thinking Peace Corps. as a last resort. But she really does want to be a marine.

I'll ask her to talk to a West Coast recruiter, that's not a bad idea. It's something that she really wants so if there is a way, any way, I want to look into it for her.

Thanks again.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
DarkOnyx said:
Excellent advice, thanks all. If she can't get in the USMC, she was thinking Peace Corps. as a last resort. But she really does want to be a marine.

I'll ask her to talk to a West Coast recruiter, that's not a bad idea. It's something that she really wants so if there is a way, any way, I want to look into it for her.

Thanks again.

Quite a big difference on those two. I doubt the Peace Corps has a strict tattoo policy.

CandKyMarine

DarkOnyx -- You capitalize "Peace Corps" but not "Marine"? You don't belong here. As a PltSgt once said "This isn't the f&*^ing peace corps. We kill people. GO HOME!"

CandKyMarine

Actually, Barnard, you're incorrect. "Marine" is always capitalized. It is a proper noun and not used like "soldier." You can use "soldier" when refering to Marines (i.e. the Marines were soldiering on) yet not vice versa. Give people who have earned the title the respect they deserve. Then you can go back to your little dream word wishing you have that honor.
Are you a Marine? No... didn't think so. You want to know a pet peeve of mine? People who are not in the military acting like they know anything about it or are already a part of it. So to all you little "oh I want so bad to be a candidate" types: don't talk before you do your homework. And don't start any ooh-rah I love the Marines or anyone-other-than-the-Marines-sucks until you wear the EGA. Until you are actually serving, you don't have the right to do either.

Whalebite

What have we learned here?
1)You will be shot on sight for mistakes such as a typo.
2) You are not allowed to love a military branch, or show pride in one's country.
3)It is not enough to correct minor mistakes but to try to belittle someone for no good reason
4) You are not allowed to know anything about the military, until you are in, and at that point you are perfect, and make no mistakes.

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok, let's try to be nice here. SO many little off-topic catfights have been sprouting up all over this site.

CLAM97to99

I highly agree with Barnard in his previous post. Prince’sPancake was being an ass when he told her she “didn’t belong here” when she forgot to capitalize Marine one time.

PanzerBjorn

That's right. Everyone makes a mistake or minor indescretion every once in a while. No need to get so angry about it. For instance I wasn't outraged when pancake wrote "EGA" because I know he meant to say Eagle, Globe and Anchor. Marines get enough crap at work so we should try to keep the forum friendly.

usmcecho4

pilot
I agree. If you want to go and flame people for minor mistakes/oversights you should really head over the Marine Forum on www.military.com topics there always devolve into pissing contests.

S/F
usmcecho4

Clux4

Banned
usmcecho4 said:
I agree. If you want to go and flame people for minor mistakes/oversights you should really head over the Marine Forum on www.military.com topics there always devolve into pissing contests.

S/F
usmcecho4

www.military.com is nothing but a joke. Everyone on there plus those that have never served,those still in,the ones now out and retired just jump at each other at the slightest opportunity they get.

The internet forums has recently turned the oppressed free. Everyone can confidently express their opinions regardless of validity.