• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Taking care of a dog?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would have loved to have seen a room inspection in which an SPC discovered that little nugget. TBS Lieutenants would be hearing about that for at least 50 years to come.

Room inspections?....our SPC came through once on a social call and that was it. He was summoned to HQMC to be aide to ACMC so we lost him near the end and were kinda like the platoon in Stripes...pretty much on our own. If we needed an SPC (for uniform inspection check in the block), we used our sister platoon's SPC who never bothered us otherwise. Besides, it was only for the last week which was kinda like make-up days and we had finished everything as scheduled so we had a lot of dead time.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I would have loved to have seen a room inspection in which an SPC discovered that little nugget. TBS Lieutenants would be hearing about that for at least 50 years to come.
How about having a cat on cruise? This is the only excuse I can see for owning a cat.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Actually, this is what my cat looks like:

63391708wf4.jpg

Cute cat...:D

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I read about that freakish dog, HAL. I think it's a whippet and had some sort of condition in which the growth hormone wouldn't shut off.

FlybyWired06

My wife and I just got this Doberman pup (see attached). I agree with most of the posts concerning waiting a while. I'm already realizing how much more responsibility this dog is going to be. Especially since, as everybody knows, Dobermans are viscious man-eaters...

On the otherhand, if you've grown up caring for a dog(s) and you love having a furry companion, do not buy from a puppy store. They generally carry what are known as "puppy mill" dogs who are malnurished and poorly raised. Almost certain to carry fleas, worms, or some other disease. Established breeders or rescue operations are generally a better bet. If you have no breed preference, I'd recommend a rescue. Oh, and make sure you have some extra $$ ready to spend on vet visits, kennel time when you're off flying, food, toys, dog bite lawsuits, etc (the list goes on forever, and ever, and ever)...

Attachments

• Dobepup.bmp
    257.9 KB · Views: 62

Rasczak

Marine
I read about that freakish dog, HAL. I think it's a whippet and had some sort of condition in which the growth hormone wouldn't shut off.
I honestly thought that was just some dog stuck on steroids or something. I have a pitbull that's pretty big. The guy I bought him from had been feeding him steroids to get him big.