• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tailhook '91

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
The CO of VFA-22 calls me the Mayor of the O'Club, I've got nearly double my age in hours in two fleet platforms (if you combine them), and a sprinkling of hours in helo's and turbo weenies.

That's pretty funny right there.

magnetfreezer

Schnugg,
I know you admit you have no idea what Crud really is, but let me point out some problems with your photo.
Crud is an Aviator's game. As you can see, in this photo, there are only a few folks in uniform, and only 1 of them is an Aviator. To make it worse, the ref doesn't have pilot or nav wings. The guys getting ready to receive the serve has his arms on the table (illegal), which shows what an amateur act this is. As for the lone pilot, he's an O-5 or O-6, and his Majcom patch looks like he's at a logistics base, or some other base that doesn't have a aircraft on the ramp. Now, look in the background: looks like the local old folks home just let out. And you can see what looks like the Club Manager observing, and making sure no one hurts his club. As for the guy in the armor, I have no clue... but it certainly substantiates my belief that this is not an Aviator's base.
Crud's a great game. Give it a try. But not at this base.

http://www.afspc.af.mil/photos/media_search.asp?q=crud&btnG.x=0&btnG.y=0

air force space command said:
Col. Stephen Tanous, 21st Space Wing vice commander, faces off against 1st Lt. Bill Burich, 341st Space Wing competitor, during the Guardian Challenge CRUD Tournament Aug. 15, 2006, held at the Peterson Air Force Base Enlisted Club.

Looks like it is cave pilot types.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Great find! +1

Made me curious as to whether Air Force gave a name (as only they can) to the event only to find out Guardian Challenge is a series of competitions....

060816-F-3564M-100.jpg

Guardian Challenge Marksmanship

Not to be outdone by the "Cave pilots", the ICBM guys hosted the Food Network Challenge (why not a sexier name like Aroma Challenge or Gastro Challenge?) Of course, the names of the cookies were quite imaginative...guess hanging around silos gives you plenty of time for this?

060328-F-0000M-001.JPG

DENVER—Senior Airman David Sutherland prepares his snickerdoodle pop cookies to compete against four others during the 2006 Food Network Cookie Challenge March 20. Airman Sutherland is a missile chef with the 741st Missile Squadron, Minot Air Force Base, N.D. (Photo by Senior Airman Taylor Marr)

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Schnugg,
I know you admit you have no idea what Crud really is, but let me point out some problems with your photo.
Crud is an Aviator's game. As you can see, in this photo, there are only a few folks in uniform, and only 1 of them is an Aviator. To make it worse, the ref doesn't have pilot or nav wings. The guys getting ready to receive the serve has his arms on the table (illegal), which shows what an amateur act this is. As for the lone pilot, he's an O-5 or O-6, and his Majcom patch looks like he's at a logistics base, or some other base that doesn't have a aircraft on the ramp. Now, look in the background: looks like the local old folks home just let out. And you can see what looks like the Club Manager observing, and making sure no one hurts his club. As for the guy in the armor, I have no clue... but it certainly substantiates my belief that this is not an Aviator's base.
Crud's a great game. Give it a try. But not at this base.

I rest my case. :D

BigFO

I witnessed the end of “T!t5 on Tuesday” at the Moffett O’Club in the early ‘80’s. The event was always well attended, particularly by the NASA Ames types, and was a rolicking good time. One Tuesday an LDO from my squadron (to remain unnamed) showed up already three sheets to the wind. He took a shine to one of the performers and proceeded to demonstrate a mock lewd and lascivious act upon her nether regions. There was much applause. In walks COMPATWINGSPAC accompanied by the base CO. These were stand-up guys. They each had a sip or two of their beers and quietly left. The LDO was still performing, happy as a clam so to speak. Next Tuesday, no T!t5. End of an era.

BTW the dice game there was a simple max three rolls (5 dice) to make most of a kind with aces wild. No more rolls than the hand you were trying to beat. Five aces in a roll bought the bar. Last two in the game did a best of three. Loser buys the round. Dice flying of the bar, perp buys a round. No money at stake, just drinks.