• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-Birds Select 2nd Female Pilot

larbear

FOSx1000
pilot
According to that fighter pilot chick site, the AF has 49 active duty girl fighter pilots. They have around 3500 fighter pilots all together (1.4% chicks). The thunderchickens have 6 pilots, and 2 of them (33%) are chicks, only one of which might be considered to be hot. Hmmm... I just don't understand this. If girls are going to be over represented on the team, why not do a better job of screening for hotness? This has every appearance of yet another military social experiment gone wrong.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
So Gangsta...
main.php

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Makes you wonder when the Blues will select their first female.......:confused: The Navy might get pressure there.......

What about the tension/spring on the stick?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
This has every appearance of yet another military social experiment gone wrong.

While I see where you are going with the numbers, it is a disproportionate percentage of women, this is not a social experiment. The Thunderbirds and Blue Angels are only recruiting/public affairs tools. If the AF wants more female pilots, or to present a more "diversified" image to the public, then they make sure that more females make the Tbirds. Obviously, that has not been a decision made by the Navy.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Interestingly enough, I was just taking a gander at the Thunderchickens site... The PAO was one of my Plebe Summer detailers (and subsequent in-company firstie)... The pic doesn't do her justice.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
What about the tension/spring on the stick?

From the little I've heard, that's why it's there. I guess if they get enough "pressure" (sorry, that was weak...damn, did it again!), the test would go away.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I think hot is relative. What I consider hot are not these chicks. Pilot hot? To each his own.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I think hot is relative. What I consider hot are not these chicks. Pilot hot? To each his own.

That is a good point, because we all know about cruise hot. Well except for you COD guys since you are grounded in reality.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
From the little I've heard, that's why it's there. I guess if they get enough "pressure" (sorry, that was weak...damn, did it again!), the test would go away.

I kind of get it, are you joking?