• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-Birds Select 2nd Female Pilot

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
While I see where you are going with the numbers, it is a disproportionate percentage of women, this is not a social experiment. The Thunderbirds and Blue Angels are only recruiting/public affairs tools. If the AF wants more female pilots, or to present a more "diversified" image to the public, then they make sure that more females make the Tbirds. Obviously, that has not been a decision made by the Navy.

The real question is, what is the real world benefit of changing the demographic of the aviation community away from what it is today. Is there something more than PC or other political reasons for artificially boosting the number of female aviators? Unless the answer to that question is yes, then I think it's a bad idea and will be a disservice to the AF and/or Navy. I wonder if some of the traditionally female occupations (teachers, secretaries, cocktail waitresses) ever launch into these kinds of projects. I can just see it:

"Here at ACME bikini waxing salon, we firmly believe that diversity for diversity's sake is an important part of bringing you the very best for all your waxing needs. So ladies, come on down and meet our new staff. We can assure you that Frank, Bobby and Cletus will be able to wax your genitals with all the TLC that you've enjoyed from our female staff."

Brett

robav8r

None
Contributor
We can assure you that Frank, Bobby and Cletus will be able to wax your genitals with all the TLC that you've enjoyed from our female staff."

Brett

You know Brett, you might really be on to something here. I mean, I can see myself in this profession after I leave the Nav . . .
:icon_carn

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
That is a good point, because we all know about cruise hot. Well except for you COD guys since you are grounded in reality.

I certainly cruise hot, spent 9 of 12 months on the boat during my first two deployments. I also know hot hot from being on shore for the majority of my last two deployments. Can we say British and Australian chicks :D

Raptor2216

But would you be so willing to do the job if say a certain manatee comes waddling though the door? It wold be a nice job to have...if you could ban the fuglie's. Otherwise, I don't think I would be very willing to jump on such an opportunity.

You know Brett, you might really be on to something here. I mean, I can see myself in this profession after I leave the Nav . . .
:icon_carn

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Flathatter13 said:
You guys have obviously never deployed to Germany during October, but yes agree with you the British and Aussi ckicks are hot.

One of the great advantages of the AF is having bases in some of the "better" parts of Europe

Well, being Navy and only doing WESTPAC deployments, you've got your choice of ports, most of which are Asian or Arab.........Austrailia, New Zealand, etc, aside. I've also met Dutch and German women. They just haven't been the majority I've come in contact with.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Yes we can. Malaguf/Palma during "holiday"... :eek:

I should have gotten divorced BEFORE cruise.. :icon_smil

Of course my guys got to see them every night during 3 months in Singapore. Guys had cruise f....buddies and could pretty much hang out with the hotties every night if they wanted. Such is COD life :D

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Why do you think I put in for the transition Bunky?

I don't blame ya. The guys had girls in Hawaii when we were there for a month. Every night we were at Dukes or some other hole in the wall. You can't beat staying on the beach, living in hotels, the COD way. It makes up for the boring, sucky flying...in a BIG way.

Huggy Bear

pilot
A Brunette:

3.jpg

With a Blonde "opposing solo":

6.jpg

I think that I have seen this movie...

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Interestingly enough, I was just taking a gander at the Thunderchickens site... The PAO was one of my Plebe Summer detailers (and subsequent in-company firstie)... The pic doesn't do her justice.

I don't remember her at all.