• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-6's starting to show up at Whiting?

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
So on the way into work this morning I saw 6 or 7 T-6's sitting out on the primary flight line and then leaving this afternoon saw two separate 2-plane sections flying the break. Not only was it cool to see the planes break at what *looked* like 90 degrees, but they were hauling ass too. I just wish the Navy would paint them orange and white instead of the AF blue and white.

Are they finally bringing some in for the FITU guys to start training on?

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
I don't believe it's permanent at all. It's because the Blues home show needed to clear off the ramps. I would imagine those are probably just a few the stashed up there.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
Yes, they are from NAS Pensacola. They will be gone next week. Don't worry, the morale suppression team will limit the angle of bank in the break for SNA training, just like they killed the short break for the T-34 at Whiting.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Yes, they are from NAS Pensacola. They will be gone next week. Don't worry, the morale suppression team will limit the angle of bank in the break for SNA training, just like they killed the short break for the T-34 at Whiting.

Just as sad as a few snfo's getting winged while at PNS. No way they'll look the other way for a 400+ kts break there.:(

tiger84

LT
pilot

The T-34 short break is a hell of a lot of fun. My instructor pulled one on FAM 1 without letting me know in advance, but it was still pretty badass.

tiger84

LT
pilot
The CRM was weak with that one.:(

Eh, he was just trying to bounce my head off the canopy I'm sure. It's not like I would have been much help anyway seeing as how it was my first time up. Regardless it was a lot of fun. It's just too bad (although probably a good thing safety wise) that us students can't do them.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator

I wonder if that moral supression team consists of one individual or a gathering of the minds. Word from Dream Weaver, the man right now in charge of the T-6 thing, says March 09 for the first two T-6B's. It was Sept 08 as of just a few months ago. Before that, it was sooner. We can see where this is going.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I wonder if that moral supression team consists of one individual or a gathering of the minds.

I was there at the unveiling of the suppression. It wasn't a gathering of minds. Not that I'll get to see it, but I'm guessing the homefield short break will return "soon," if you know what I mean.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I was there at the unveiling of the suppression. It wasn't a gathering of minds. Not that I'll get to see it, but I'm guessing the homefield short break will return "soon," if you know what I mean.

Kind of what I figured and I know who. I can see why so many have punched after this tour. I hope I see the short break again...for the first time.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
The short break in the T-34 was pretty cool, got it shown to me by a cool onwing and then when we flew again I got to do it. Happened quick but was a lot of fun.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
the break at the numbers in a -45 is pretty interesting on fast break fridays...

my first pass for my last phase one fclp solo wasnt that good (CHA CHING!)