• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-6's starting to show up at Whiting?

cisforsmasher

pilot
i thought saw a t-6 bouncing at CRP yesterday. Can anyone else confirm? It did a touch and go and pulled what looked like 30 deg nose up, at least 45 AOB, kinda what a -45 does going to pattern low key. It looked pretty impressive from the highway.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
the break at the numbers in a -45 is pretty interesting on fast break fridays...
No, breaking at the stern is interesting.

For some reason this is reminding me of the Chinese curse . . . may you live in "interesting" times . . . :icon_tong

Breaking at the numbers at NMM is pointless. No one sees you.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Unless there has been a contract mod recently, the first T-6B is scheduled to be accepted in Dec 08 (I don't know the delivery schedule past that).

tiger84

LT
pilot
Praying already? Ahhh...another rotorhead in the making. Just don't Fvck it up and time your depature right and you're set!

Haha, well I haven't actually started praying, seeing as how I've completed next to nothing. I'm trying not to think too far down the road as of yet.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Unless there has been a contract mod recently, the first T-6B is scheduled to be accepted in Dec 08 (I don't know the delivery schedule past that).

I work w/ one of the guys who was part of the acquisition group for the region and he's saying something similar, however he's less optimistic it will make it on time.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You guys talk about the shorty and what not... I rolled in for my Fam 1 break today at a whopping 170 KIAS... went straight to 60 degree AOB and was told "45 degrees in the break." Ugghhh. Stupid course rules. I'm such a shitty pilot.