• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

t-6

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
Not for a while dude. Whiting's runway is too short is what I heard. It's going to be a while. Plus, I hear they are giving the pilots an upgraded t-6. Sorry dude, you're stuck with the 34. It's a good bird though. Definitely low maitinence when it comes to flying. Plus, it's ubelievable forgiving for new studs.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
I just think Fezz is being a little girl about this. He needs the yellow and black safety handles to feel secure in his manhood.

That and how else can he get out when the beer wears off the following morning? MOO!!!

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
We were told that Whiting wouldn't be getting T-6's until 2008 - and that the last T-34 would fly in 2015 or so.

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
Ejection seats aren't exactly gonna save you m'friend. Plus, it's not like you're going incountry to take charlie out. You are going to do some spins and fly some airways. BFD. T-34's are awesome. If someone walked into the ready room and said that they wanted me to go fly in one, I would do it in a heartbeat (as long as it was cold enough so that I wouldn't have to use the ac).

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
PSno23 said:
We were told that Whiting wouldn't be getting T-6's until 2008 - and that the last T-34 would fly in 2015 or so.

When were you told that? I ask because about two months ago, I heard from the -34 model manager that maybe in a year or two they would start showing up.

FLY_USMC

pilot
TheBubba said:
I just think Fezz is being a little girl about this. He needs the yellow and black safety handles to feel secure in his manhood.

I agree..if someone said it..that worst case scenario I doubt many SNA's would have the state of mind to actually eject in time to save themselves early on, but I will also be the one to say in Fezz's defense...god rest their souls...a couple people in Corpus recently, and in the past, could've benefited from ejection seats, maybe?

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Fly_USMC,

I wholeheartedly agree with you on that. There are times when pulling those handles is what's gonna let you see your family again.

WEGL

While y'all are on the subject of shuckin' aircraft... does anyone know when the last time an SNA actually bailed out of a T-34 was? Seems like a pretty difficult evolution, especially from an unfliable aircraft.

JC52083

We need T-6 Avatars
None of this discussion shpuld take away from the fact that the T-6 is a pretty sweet plane...ejection seats and all.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, not a big fan of the face leech though...and the t-6 needs to get some beefier landing gear to hang in Naval Aviation...I hear they've been having recurrent LG incidents at NAS PCola...

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
WEGL said:
While y'all are on the subject of shuckin' aircraft... does anyone know when the last time an SNA actually bailed out of a T-34 was? Seems like a pretty difficult evolution, especially from an unfliable aircraft.
Not an SNA, but rather an IP, did bail out successfully back in the summer of '99.

Pags

N/A
pilot
ChunksJR said:
Yeah, not a big fan of the face leech though...and the t-6 needs to get some beefier landing gear to hang in Naval Aviation...I hear they've been having recurrent LG incidents at NAS PCola...

Was talking to a TW-6 IP at the gym the other day, and he was saying that you have to be pretty smooth with the landings. That, and it's not a finesse a/c. As far as PAs go, it will muscle its way through any basic manuever with all that extra HP. No rudder shakers at the top of the loop.