• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

t-6

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
ChuckMK23 said:
and to continue training pilots in the most modern military in the world on round dial steam gauges makes no sense at all...Partial panel with a turn needle, ball, and airspeed is not a relevant skill in todays world of combat aviation.

Hey man I like my steam gauges. And there's nothing more fun than doing partial panel in a -57.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
zab1001 said:
I really can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
Yea, don't you guys still use vacuum tubes and sh!t to run your gyros?

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Vacuum tubes? No man, there's a Gnome in there with a tinfoil hat.

Seriously, I'm not going to get into a pissing match about it. I've shat gyros in the goo, real world, and the baby games of Mentorland came in handy. Unfortunately "the most modern military in the world" still has steam gauges in the Fleet. There's a reason we all have to go through the instrument gauntlet. I doubt Chuck is saying otherwise.

East

东部
Contributor
Eject

RetreadRand said:
Why is that scary? you can't eject out of: P-3s, E-6s, E-2s, C-2s, c-9s, c-26s, c-12s, t-44s, t-1s, SH-60s, 53s, 46s...........Let's see....but you can eject out of F-18s and EA-6Bs....Um? what is your point?
:icon_wink

Attachments

• FE%20ejects.jpg
    FE%20ejects.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 59

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
ChuckMK23 said:
and to continue training pilots in the most modern military in the world on round dial steam gauges makes no sense at all...Partial panel with a turn needle, ball, and airspeed is not a relevant skill in todays world of combat aviation.

When you're hearing discussions in the VFA community that go something like "Well, we should still train to fly with a HUD in case their helmet craps out"... how crazy does primary flight training in the T-34 look?

The T-6's cockpit layout and ergonomics, not to mention performance, are much more relevant to tommorrow's tactical aviators than the Turbo Weenie...

Problem is that there's real practical problems with implementing a meaningful JPATS syllabus for SNAs...