• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-34C Sundown Patches

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Dang!

Pretty quick service!

Looks spiffy!

Thank you, again.

:cool:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

rotorhead1871

UH-1N.....NAS Agana, Guam....circa 1975
pilot
Yeah right, I just don't know how in hell I survived two combat deployments during the "most brutal" two years ('66-'67), of strike ops over NVN... WITHOUT A "BACK-SEATER"!:eek:

Although the above is a friendly 'poke'; in retrospect, on countless occasions I could have used that additional assist in flt planning, pre-flight, nav, wpns sys op, lookout, inst/glide slope monitoring (night/IFR), comms, emerg assist , and much, much more. I believe A-4 losses would have been reduced significantly with an NFO aboard.;)

The only downside to having a "hitch-hiker", was that every time we lost a F-4J "Pfantum", A-6A "Intruder", or RA-5C "Viggie", we had 2 shipmates down in extremis, instead of one!:(

*A-4C Modex 604 & A-6A Modex 406 (below), both downed same day w/ both Pilots rescued, 406s B/N KIA
View attachment 14419 View attachment 14420 View attachment 14421 View attachment 14422
BzB
the A4 barely had enough space for a pilot.....It sure looked like you would break both legs if you had to eject.....they would make good drones....

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Some pics from the last T-34 formation flight:

T-34a.jpg
150428-N-LY958-108 CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (April 28, 2015) Ensign James Butz (left) and 1st Lt. William Parker, Training Squadron (VT) 28 Student Naval Aviators, receive a traditional "watering down" by fellow students after completing the squadron's and Navy's final formation flight in the T-34C Turbomentor primary training aircraft. The T-34C Turbomentor came into operational use in 1977 as the Navy 's Primary Training Aircraft and has been replaced by the new T-6 Texan II. (U.S. Navy photo by Richard Stewart/Released)

T-34b.jpg
150428-N-LY958-065 CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (April 28, 2015)Ensign James Butz and 1st Lt. William Parker, Training Squadron (VT) 28 Student Naval Aviators, taxi after completing the squadron and Navy's final formation flight in the T-34C Turbomentor primary training aircraft. The T-34C Turbomentor came into operational use in 1977 as the Navy 's Primary Training Aircraft and has been replaced by the new T-6 Texan II. (U.S. Navy photo by Richard Stewart/Released)
T-34c.jpg
150428-N-LY958-082 CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (April 28, 2015) Ensign James Butz (right) and 1st Lt. William Parker, Training Squadron (VT) 28 Student Naval Aviators, complete the squadron's and Navy's final formation flight in the T-34C Turbomentor primary training aircraft. The T-34C Turbomentor came into operational use in 1977 as the Navy 's Primary Training Aircraft and has been replaced by the new T-6 Texan II. (U.S. Navy photo by Richard Stewart/Released)
T-34d.jpg
From left to right Capt. John Kelsey Commodore TAW4, Ens James Butz, 1stLt William Parker students Training Squadron (VT) 28, and CDR James Sultenfuss XO VT-28 pose for a picture after completing the squadron and Navy's final formation flight in the T-34C Turbomentor primary training aircraft.

rotorhead1871

pilot
very cool!....congrats to all!!.....I would love to see someone make a T34 model sundowner ...did they do anything when the T28 was retired??.... serious amounts of history in the books.....

I still have my original VT1 (TRARON ONE).patch from 1971.

The Beechcraft T-34 Mentor is a propeller-driven, single-engined, military trainer aircraft derived from the Beechcraft Model 35 Bonanza. The earlier versions of the T-34, dating from around the late 1940s to the 1950s, were piston-engined. These were eventually succeeded by the upgraded T-34C Turbo-Mentor, powered by a turboprop engine. The T-34 remains in service more than six decades after it was first designed.......(quoted from wikipedia)

they sure were fun to spin.....but not as much as the T28.......I miss the smell of the 115/145 av gas.

thanks again!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
View attachment 14679
From left to right Capt. John Kelsey Commodore TAW4, Ens James Butz, 1stLt William Parker students Training Squadron (VT) 28, and CDR James Sultenfuss XO VT-28 pose for a picture after completing the squadron and Navy's final formation flight in the T-34C Turbomentor primary training aircraft.

Chip Kelsey, nice to see one of the good ones make it that far (fellow VQ/VAQ'r).

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Glad to see the Corpus "Navy studs can't wear desert flight suits" is still alive. :eek::rolleyes:

rotorhead1871

pilot
Wondering the same thing about the T-28.

agree...what a fun aricraft....loved TPA....then BI, RI, Form, Nightflight.......it was all great experience....when I went to Lemoore, they had one at the A7 RAG. I got to know the RAG instructors and would go flying with them ...they would show me how they rolled in on a target in the A7...... I never really picked it up good...but the RAG guys could really put the nose on the target.....very fun and great memories....

Last edited by a moderator: