• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-34C Sundown Patches

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
For those who haven't seen/heard yet, T-34C Sundown patches are currently being sold for 5 bucks apiece (plus shipping). Here's the Facebook page. Although if you're in the Corpus area or know someone who is, you can pick it up in person from the VT-28 PAO as well. Pictures below are from the Facebook page. Before you order on PayPal, send a message to the Facebook page owner specifying which one(s) you'd like to purchase, so the PAO knows what to send. And/or write it in the special instructions section when you order it on PayPal.

sundown 1.jpg sundown 2.jpg sundown 3.jpg sundown 4.jpg

Also, from the page: "Hey everyone I just wanted to add that we are looking to have a culminating event at the Corpus Christi Air Show. The dates for the Air Show are April 17-19. We are looking to have a chalet for the demo, static display, and merchandise booth. More info to follow."

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Those patches are pretty cool since I had the pleasure of getting screamed at quite a little bit (as well as getting stuff thrown at me) in the T-34C while an SNA in VT-2 (1986-1987). The T-34C is also the first aircraft I ever flew. I'll probably purchase the two center 'top-down view' patches. Excuse my ignorance but what is the significance of the 777 on the starboard wing? Thanks for the heads-up on the patches, T_B.

:cool:

Last edited:

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Those patches are pretty cool since I had the pleasure of getting screamed at quite a little bit (as well as getting stuff thrown at me) in the T-34C while an SNA in VT-2 (1986-1987). The T-34C is also the first aircraft I ever flew. I'll probably purchase the two center 'top-down view' patches. Excuse my ignorance but what is the significance of the 777 on the starboard wing? Thanks for the heads-up on the patches, T_B.

I think the 777 is just what was put on the graphic when the original patch was made years ago. My 1K patch has the 777 side number, as well.

RHINOWSO

"Yeah, we are going to need to see that one again"
None
Interesting, might have to buy a couple from my times in the front and back of the Turbo Wiener.

RHINOWSO

None
Yeah, you know us crazy NFOs, get to pretend to be pilots for awhile, once you see how easy it is then you go to work in the back seat. ;)

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I never quite mastered the systems and tactics necessary for the back seat. I could barely employ the hood.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, you know us crazy NFOs, get to pretend to be pilots for awhile, once you see how easy it is then you go to work in the back seat. ;)
Yeah right, I just don't know how in hell I survived two combat deployments during the "most brutal" two years ('66-'67), of strike ops over NVN... WITHOUT A "BACK-SEATER"!:eek:

Although the above is a friendly 'poke'; in retrospect, on countless occasions I could have used that additional assist in flt planning, pre-flight, nav, wpns sys op, lookout, inst/glide slope monitoring (night/IFR), comms, emerg assist , and much, much more. I believe A-4 losses would have been reduced significantly with an NFO aboard.;)

The only downside to having a "hitch-hiker", was that every time we lost a F-4J "Pfantum", A-6A "Intruder", or RA-5C "Viggie", we had 2 shipmates down in extremis, instead of one!:(

*A-4C Modex 604 & A-6A Modex 406 (below), both downed same day w/ both Pilots rescued, 406s B/N KIA
BusyBee 604.jpg F-4 Phantom VF-142.jpg 'Cupcake 406' LCDR Dick Weber Lost 06-25-66.jpg rvah-9.jpg
BzB

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

Witnessed on a transit to Nassau: NFO in back has helmet off and is "hard at work" properly employing pillow. I know he had ear plugs in, but I don't know how he could sleep with the din of the PT-6.

RHINOWSO

None
Witnessed on a transit to Nassau: NFO in back has helmet off and is "hard at work" properly employing pillow. I know he had ear plugs in, but I don't know how he could sleep with the din of the PT-6.
Energy management my brother! I've happily napped in the back of Tomcats and Rhinos when appropriate, and had pilots do the same.

And an airnav isn't really work for anyone unless it's at mins at the destination...

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Cool beans...just completed an order for the two 'top-down view' patches with the sun rays and the National Ensign. Looking forward to receiving them. Thanks again for the heads-up, T_B!

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Energy management my brother!
I don't think in energy management, they meant nappimg in the office"!:eek:
I've happily napped in the back of Tomcats and Rhinos when appropriate, and had pilots do the same..
And when, pray tell... is that "appropriate" in a 2-seat, 1 stick jet fighter? I rather doubt that's a common practice (I hope not). Is flying a Tomcat or Growl2r so boring that one would want to 'nap' in flight... or is it just considered cool???:cool:
BzB