• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

t-34/t-6 noise pollution

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I heard some story about some crazy deliverance-type fuck who actually shot at our helos if we flew over his property... any validity to the scuttlebutt?

There have been several instances of that over the years. When I was visiting some buddies in Corpus they suspended doing ops out of one local airport/OLF's because some yahoo was taking potshots at the T-34's there. It was only for a few days before they arrested the idiot and resumed flying but everyone joked how they ought to get Air Medals and combat pay.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If the Navy did stop IFS and operations at 1R8, this guy would still be hearing planes flying over his house. Bay Minette is a popular stop for general aviation. The gas is cheap, the FBO girls are hot, and you can order food in flight and have it waiting for you when you land. He'd have to get the field itself shut down.

How often are the Skywarrior planes bouncing there now that they moved operations to PNS?

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
I heard some story about some crazy deliverance-type fuck who actually shot at our helos if we flew over his property... any validity to the scuttlebutt?
Don't know if it was here or Meridian but there were some bullet holes in a T-45 a few years back. Also, I had some ass on Ocean Drive outside the back gate at NASCC shining a laser or something at me a few times in Primary.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Don't know if it was here or Meridian but there were some bullet holes in a T-45 a few years back. Also, I had some ass on Ocean Drive outside the back gate at NASCC shining a laser or something at me a few times in Primary.

TAMUCC frat boys pissed we're stealing all their girlfriends. :D right Otto?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
NO they are NOT. You've been outside of big cities too long.:yuck_125:

STFU, Otto. You're such a big-time, bench-pressing, chick getting metro-sexual hero to us all. Give us all a break. If i hear one more time here or on FB about how many protein shakes you just crammed down your cock holster, or how you're getting "so huge" or besting your latest wrist curling record, I am going to fly to SD or Guam and kick you squarely in the junk - over, and over, and over.

Nobody cares, and you look like a complete moron to everyone else...again.

Brett

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
STFU, Otto. You're such a big-time, bench-pressing, chick getting metro-sexual hero to us all. Give us all a break. If i hear one more time here or on FB about how many protein shakes you just crammed down your cock holster, or how you're getting "so huge" or besting your latest wrist curling record, I am going to fly to SD or Guam and kick you squarely in the junk - over, and over, and over.

Brett

Perhaps the most epic post ever.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
How often are the Skywarrior planes bouncing there now that they moved operations to PNS?

Probably just as often on the early pattern work flights before the studs get the flare-touchdown thing figured out. Wait, you didn't mean bouncing down the first half of the runway boing-boing-boing on each pass... :D

(My jokes just aren't funny when I have to explain them.)

yak52driver

Contributor
Probably just as often on the early pattern work flights before the studs get the flare-touchdown thing figured out. Wait, you didn't mean bouncing down the first half of the runway boing-boing-boing on each pass... :D

(My jokes just aren't funny when I have to explain them.)

I thought it was funny, but I live it every day with my students. I think I need a kidney transplant from the jarring... :D

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I thought it was funny, but I live it every day with my students. I think I need a kidney transplant from the jarring... :D

Is that a kidney or a liver transplant? I would think the liver would take more damage after flying with studs . . .:D

OldNavy

The old Chambers Field helo course rules had one point that you had to cross at 700', vice the standard 500' outbound that all the other spots were. This particular point was defined as the intersection of a fishing pier and the beachline at willoughby spit. Story goes that the reason for the higher altitude was there was some old dude whose house also happened to be co-located at that point. Turns out, every helo that departed that way was specifically harassing that guy. So they bumped up the altitude to shut him up. Under the new course rules, the altitude is 500'. Story continues that it was bumped down because the guy is either dead or moved away.

This is probably the same guy who used to call the CDO on me ( I was NX M/C CPO in 120) every time one of our low-power maintenance turns went one second past sunset.

Mos

None
NO they are NOT. You've been outside of big cities too long.:yuck_125:

Otto, here's a hot city girl for you. She's all yours. :icon_smil

Attachments

• megan-fox-jennifers-body-scary_0_0_0x0_440x652.jpg
    megan-fox-jennifers-body-scary_0_0_0x0_440x652.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 115

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot

Brett
post of the year