• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

t-34/t-6 noise pollution

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
BaldwinCountyDBag said:
This plane requires longer runways because it has a weak braking system and cannot reverse it's prop.

I'm trying to figure out if this guy thinks the lack of Beta is a good or bad thing? I'm just surprised that the trailers under the Meridian pattern don't register more complaints! The base PAO must be doing wonders because I haven't heard a peep from them!

Forget Alpha or Bravo fields, it's time to open Charlie (Bay Minette) for FCLP's and really give him something to complain about! :D

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
He's a moron. He lives directly south of the Bay Minette airport. While he has an impressive number of shots of T-34/T-6/H-1/H-60's flying the pattern or transiting the area, he also believes that EVERY plane in the air is part of some grand conspiracy to harass him SPECIFICALLY. Despite the fact that he may have been "living in hell" for the last two years, I'm pretty sure the Navy has been flying in the area for longer than two years. How do I know? Because I'm a local, and I grew up hearing it every day. If you've ever flown the Saufley VOR 8 into P'cola Regional, you've flown right over my house (and I've done it as well). In fact, if you've flown into Brewton from Whiting, I'm related to the original Brewton that town is named for. I can assure you, the local population is not represented by this asshat. If I had his mailing address, I'd send him a couple more rolls of aluminum foil for his hat collection along with a note saying, "Good thing you moved into a house by the airport, so you wouldn't have to hear airplanes all the time." :eek:

Mastermind. :icon_rage

E26

Jets in aferburner are the sound of freedom, IMHO.

Agreed.

I grew up around MCAS Miramar [formerly NAS]. Hearing and seeing those F-18's and F-14's as a kid, roaring overhead daily, had a tremendously positive impact on me. I'd finish my homework before I got home just so I could sit outside and watch them fly overhead :D

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Well, there's a Prowler guy who posts on this site (looking at you, Meat) who holds the dubious distinction of calling in a noise complaint on his own platform - so the rumor goes. :D

Brett

My first fleet skipper called in a noise complaint ON HIS OWN SQUADRON! He lived near Coupeville and knew we were bouncing that night.

Why? Hell only knows, the guy was a nutjob. Only reason he was a CO was everyone else in his yeargroup quit or died and he bragged that's how he made CO.

He received no end of tour award, although CAG Fallon did offer to give him a NAM. :D

KBayDog

Baldwin County depends on tourism for much of its income...

"Clark: I said where do you wanna go on vacation, where did you say? Rusty?

Rusty: Hawaii?

Clark: Shut up Rus, Audry?

Audry: Baldwin County, Alabama, Dad?

Clark: Baldwin County, Alabama, Dad!"

griswoldswave.jpg

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
My first fleet skipper called in a noise complaint ON HIS OWN SQUADRON! He lived near Coupeville and knew we were bouncing that night.

Why? Hell only knows, the guy was a nutjob. Only reason he was a CO was everyone else in his yeargroup quit or died and he bragged that's how he made CO.

He received no end of tour award, although CAG Fallon did offer to give him a NAM. :D

Hmm...his command screen post-lobotomy checkup must have been an epic fail. -1 for headwork for this sir. Maybe he just had a twisted sense of humor and didn't give a shit?

Mos

None
If the Navy did stop IFS and operations at 1R8, this guy would still be hearing planes flying over his house. Bay Minette is a popular stop for general aviation. The gas is cheap, the FBO girls are hot, and you can order food in flight and have it waiting for you when you land. He'd have to get the field itself shut down.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Can't blame him, those things suck.

Yeah, seriously. How loud can a jet be? It's bad enough you guys take up the whole airport during fclps. It doesn't help having our wardroom and offices as close to the airfield as you can get.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Yeah, seriously. How loud can a jet be? It's bad enough you guys take up the whole airport during fclps. It doesn't help having our wardroom and offices as close to the airfield as you can get.

The "noise pollution" will continue until you stop making asinine requests at the hold short and knocking the gear out of battery... I mean, we taxi over it just fine...

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
If the Navy did stop IFS and operations at 1R8, this guy would still be hearing planes flying over his house. Bay Minette is a popular stop for general aviation. The gas is cheap, the FBO girls are hot, and you can order food in flight and have it waiting for you when you land. He'd have to get the field itself shut down.

NO they are NOT. You've been outside of big cities too long.:yuck_125:

Pags

N/A
pilot
he also believes that EVERY plane in the air is part of some grand conspiracy to harass him SPECIFICALLY.

The old Chambers Field helo course rules had one point that you had to cross at 700', vice the standard 500' outbound that all the other spots were. This particular point was defined as the intersection of a fishing pier and the beachline at willoughby spit. Story goes that the reason for the higher altitude was there was some old dude whose house also happened to be co-located at that point. Turns out, every helo that departed that way was specifically harassing that guy. So they bumped up the altitude to shut him up. Under the new course rules, the altitude is 500'. Story continues that it was bumped down because the guy is either dead or moved away.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
The old Chambers Field helo course rules had one point that you had to cross at 700', vice the standard 500' outbound that all the other spots were. This particular point was defined as the intersection of a fishing pier and the beachline at willoughby spit. Story goes that the reason for the higher altitude was there was some old dude whose house also happened to be co-located at that point. Turns out, every helo that departed that way was specifically harassing that guy. So they bumped up the altitude to shut him up. Under the new course rules, the altitude is 500'. Story continues that it was bumped down because the guy is either dead or moved away.

I heard some story about some crazy deliverance-type fuck who actually shot at our helos if we flew over his property... any validity to the scuttlebutt?