• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Sweater

Is it retarded for a SNA to wear a SWO sweater?

• Yes

Votes: 58 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

Renegade One

None
Back in the 80s on Dodge we used to wear khaki shorts and pith helmets. Why? Because we could and the store on Diego Garcia had thousands of pith helmets they sold for a buck each.
Was tempted to say "pics or it never happened"…but I believe it did. Well played…but a pic WOULD be nice.;)

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I'm wondering if he's actually quite that "old school". Maybe...

He's been in over 20 years and is about to be up for retirement. He got the helmet when he was QMC on a big deck amphib and the captain wanted all of his OODs to have a distinctive piece of headgear to distinguish them on the bridge.

BigRed389

None
He's been in over 20 years and is about to be up for retirement. He got the helmet when he was QMC on a big deck amphib and the captain wanted all of his OODs to have a distinctive piece of headgear to distinguish them on the bridge.

You know he just wanted a better target to throw something at.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Was tempted to say "pics or it never happened"…but I believe it did. Well played…but a pic WOULD be nice.;)
Unfortunately I don't think I have any. A bunch of albums went UA while in storage when I was at SOUTHCOM in Panama. We quit wearing the shorts because the island CO figured out the uniform regs required knee socks and low quarter shoes. We had been wearing them with our flight boots. The knee socks were just too (insert non-PC term starting with a g here).

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Unfortunately I don't think I have any. A bunch of albums went UA while in storage when I was at SOUTHCOM in Panama. We quit wearing the shorts because the island CO figured out the uniform regs required knee socks and low quarter shoes. We had been wearing them with our flight boots. The knee socks were just too (insert non-PC term starting with a g here).

My last deployment ( for the record it was a USNS ship) we wore green cargo shorts, Squadron T-shirts, and boots. Unfortunately, we couldn't get pith helmets!