• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO FY-14 CLOSED

navy2014

Dumb question--when a community is closed for the fiscal year, do they stop holding boards for it until the next FY or do they continue to select people who won't be going to OCS until the next FY? Thanks.

exNavyOffRec

Dumb question--when a community is closed for the fiscal year, do they stop holding boards for it until the next FY or do they continue to select people who won't be going to OCS until the next FY? Thanks.

In nearly all cases they stop holding boards, part of the equation is "how full are they", if people are being pushed to FY15 which is what some have said they are being pushed, well that means they are pretty full.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
So those poor souls at OCS who get aviation NPQ'ed are really up the creek now?

exNavyOffRec

So those poor souls at OCS who get aviation NPQ'ed are really up the creek now?

not sure about now, but in the past when this happened they still redesignated people to SWO, but what that did is just kept pushing out the date for new SWO boards.

navy2014

Those are different, but they are normally single digits anyway so those are a real longshot.

How do I even apply for these?

Another question--at what point do you have to decide what order you're putting for communities on your application? So there will be a SWO board at some point in the spring/summer to start filling FY15, and I assume at some point there will be an Intel board, a Supply board, etc., all filling FY15 at this point (they're all full, right?). Do you even know far enough in advance to be able to customize your application based on what's coming up? This wouldn't be a problem if SWO didn't ignore apps that didn't put them #1, but still...

exNavyOffRec

How do I even apply for these?

Another question--at what point do you have to decide what order you're putting for communities on your application? So there will be a SWO board at some point in the spring/summer to start filling FY15, and I assume at some point there will be an Intel board, a Supply board, etc., all filling FY15 at this point (they're all full, right?). Do you even know far enough in advance to be able to customize your application based on what's coming up? This wouldn't be a problem if SWO didn't ignore apps that didn't put them #1, but still...

Just like the other designators there is a code that goes on the application, there is a window that NRC will publish, if kits are rec'd outside that window they are usually turned away.

jlr12

Just like the other designators there is a code that goes on the application, there is a window that NRC will publish, if kits are rec'd outside that window they are usually turned away.

I already submitted my package in order to make the recent IDC board, but had SWO as my #1. Will my package still make it for the next SWO board when they have it?

exNavyOffRec

I already submitted my package in order to make the recent IDC board, but had SWO as my #1. Will my package still make it for the next SWO board when they have it?

Last time they did this they pro X'd anyone that submitted for a closed designator, that means you would have to resubmit.

Beefalo

All the aviation NPQ in my OCS class redesignated to restricted line or supply corps. Think SWO's are trying to make sure people want to be SWO instead of being a dumping ground for attrites from other URL communities.

exNavyOffRec

All the aviation NPQ in my OCS class redesignated to restricted line or supply corps. Think SWO's are trying to make sure people want to be SWO instead of being a dumping ground for attrites from other URL communities.

You know that everyone that is trying to get into RL or Supply is now crying after reading your post. :)