• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO FY-14 CLOSED

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I'm sorry--I should really not need you to explain this at this point, but could you? Are you saying that people who haven't put in their kits yet (who will be FY 15)... could go to OCS this July?

Correct, somewhat. There's still people selected back in December who are awaiting class dates so those folks will likely take the July OCS classes. The February rolling boards a few weeks ago took some SWOs to they'll likely be in August/September classes. So in your case, assuming you submit your kit to this next rolling board (May-ish) and get selected you'll likely be going to OCS around October/November timeframe.

exNavyOffRec

Correct, somewhat. There's still people selected back in December who are awaiting class dates so those folks will likely take the July OCS classes. The February rolling boards a few weeks ago took some SWOs to they'll likely be in August/September classes. So in your case, assuming you submit your kit to this next rolling board (May-ish) and get selected you'll likely be going to OCS around October/November timeframe.

Guesstimation a key part of being an OR, yeah I probably spelled it wrong.

jakejake527

So I "supposedly" turned in my package on November 7th 2013. Should I have heard from my recruiter by now if my package was declined or not? Or do you guys think my package just got pushed back

exNavyOffRec

So I "supposedly" turned in my package on November 7th 2013. Should I have heard from my recruiter by now if my package was declined or not? Or do you guys think my package just got pushed back

Two SWO boards have happened since then, either you were never sent to board or you are a pro N

Mark Spanel

so if my kit gets turned in, and I'm applying for SWO, then there is 0% chance of getting selected? is this correct? my recruiter said he would be submitting my kit this week and I'm applying for SNA, NFO and SWO

JamesL37

You should turn in your kit as soon as possible because I think SWO boards are rolling and they convene once they have enough applications. So you turning in your kit will help them convene earlier even if by small margin.

Mark Spanel

How though? I graduate in July so I can't really help my GPA too much, and I studied my ass off for the ASTB and that's what I got. I don't know what else to do lol

JamesL37

How though? I graduate in July so I can't really help my GPA too much, and I studied my ass off for the ASTB and that's what I got. I don't know what else to do lol

Study for ASTB more and retake it, take few classes at your local community college, learn a martial art, get certification in flying, sailing, diving, first aid, CPR, etc. Bro, there are so many more things you can do. But I'd get the ASTB and GPA up as priority. You can also enlist first and then get a commission as AD later on. Just my thoughts.

Mark Spanel

Well I'm a broke college student, so a lot of that stuff is limited :/ I took a scuba class at school but I'm not certified because that cost extra to do the dives. I'll probably look into first aid or CPR, that can't be too expensive.

I'm working to get me GPA up, but it's not going to get up too much because I'm almost done.

How does one even study efficiently for the ASTB? I used a barons guide and made it my bible, and I still wasn't prepared for it when I took it.

JamesL37

Also, like I've said in another thread, if I don't get offered a spot I'm gonna enlist

In my study for the ASTB, the commercial study guides were completely useless. I found the Marine Gouge most useful. If I had to do it all over again, I'd only rely on the Marine Gouge.

Since your GPA is way too low, you should just enlist to save some time. From what I heard on AW, the lowest ever ProRec-Y GPA was 2.6 with a recommendation from a SEAL Vice Admiral on top of awesome activities.