• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board Meeting on 6 OCT

Garcia

How long will a SWO board take (usually) on inspecting and giving out ProRec's. I ask because my communication with my Recruiter is not the best, as he is usually extremely hard to come by. I'm also one of the few applicants from Puerto Rico, and I am non-prior so I expect that getting any updates would be sort of difficult.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
How long will a SWO board take (usually) on inspecting and giving out ProRec's. I ask because my communication with my Recruiter is not the best, as he is usually extremely hard to come by. I'm also one of the few applicants from Puerto Rico, and I am non-prior so I expect that getting any updates would be sort of difficult.
Expect to wait a week or so. There are more specifics such as being a sailor in the fleet will find out faster. As well as depending on the speed your recruiting district takes. From personal observation, 1 week seems to be the average.

Whitefoot

None
Just to add to the mix...

I asked my OPL (Officer Processor Lead) at the NRD about the dates for SWO/NFO/Pilot board dates and he responded with the following:

"... the next SWO board is not for quite a while. The last one was about a week after our first contact [04 AUG time frame], so there was no feasible way of making that one happen, and we are looking for probably December for that [board]. The deadline for kits for aviation is 17 Oct, so the 27th for the board date is probably pretty close to correct."

Garcia

I asked my OPL (Officer Processor Lead) at the NRD about the dates for SWO/NFO/Pilot board dates and he responded with the following:

"... the next SWO board is not for quite a while. The last one was about a week after our first contact [04 AUG time frame], so there was no feasible way of making that one happen, and we are looking for probably December for that [board]. The deadline for kits for aviation is 17 Oct, so the 27th for the board date is probably pretty close to correct."
I don't recall a SWO board during the 04-11Aug time frame. Around that time my package was already sent out, and it wasn't until Sept. that it was accepted for board review... My recruiter had also mentioned something about a Sept cut-off for an Oct board (never really specified when in Oct).

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

My source is straight from NRC, but I guess that's none of my business.

Whitefoot

None
Wasn't looking to get into a swinging contest. I am just throwing out available information from what should be trusted as at least somewhat reliable sources. Take it with a grain of salt, the boards will happen when they happen. Thank you for the info, though.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Processors have been known to pass down inaccurate information from time to time. Your best bet would be your recruiter since they're the first ones to get updates on upcoming boards.

enlUSMC

It's SWOtastic

Sorry, you're beating a dead horse. There is a board oct 6, the deadline was a couple weeks ago. Besides all the recruiters who've posted on here, my OR was on the phone discussing my application with a detailer for the Oct 6 board yesterday.

Whitefoot

None
Processors have been known to pass down inaccurate information from time to time. Your best bet would be your recruiter since they're the first ones to get updates on upcoming boards.
Sounds good. Thanks again for the info. I will definitely try to confirm with him on future activities. I haven't been too involved with him as I was passed off to a new OR after my application was at the NRD being processed.

varlogkern

@LowHz generally assume AW is some of the best gouge you can find. In the past year or so that I've been dealing with trying to get picked up AW has provided the most accurate information. This includes dates, advice, and study suggestions. Also, start at the beginning of the thread when you want to ask or search at a bare minimum. Many times a question has already been asked or answered before. In addition, @RUFiO181 and @NavyOffRec have been doing this for a while and provide the most accurate and straightforward information.

EDIT: My reaction when I saw the email quoting the Processor

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Granted I guess that is partially true, because there isn't any way to have made the October 6th SWO board either at this point.

Last edited:

Garcia

Just out of curiosity, I wonder why this thread has not had that much activity as other threads before a board meeting... In the mean time it would not be a bad idea to start familiarizing with each other as we are on the same path.

varlogkern

Just out of curiosity, I wonder why this thread has not had that much activity as other threads before a board meeting... In the mean time it would not be a bad idea to start familiarizing with each other as we are on the same path.
It is largely due to the community the website is directed at. There are other forum designed more for the SWO community out there. The SWO thread for the August board didn't see too many pages of activity either. I'm curious, why did you take the ASTB portion if you aren't applying for aviation?

Garcia

It is largely due to the community the website is directed at. There are other forum designed more for the SWO community out there. The SWO thread for the August board didn't see too many pages of activity either. I'm curious, why did you take the ASTB portion if you aren't applying for aviation?
I wasn't actually expecting it. When I went my OR just told me to take the whole test since I was announced of my test date three days before hand, so I never got to actually study a lot. So that's what I did. But my goal is to get into OCS and get my SWO Pin.