• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

La'Marcos

Well, I finally got my word tonight. I was also Prorec N. My recruiter was empathetic and told me he was very surprised I wasn’t selected. He reiterated a lot of what I’ve read on this thread. Selections were the lowest he’d seen in years and wasn’t sure what they were looking for. He told me if I had been on the November board I would have been a shoe in. He encouraged me to try again. I’ll be finished with my masters in leadership at the end of March. I’ll be resubmitting for the June SWO board. He also encouraged me to get a few additional letters of rec since I only submitted 1 with my first package. Good luck everyone with your future endeavors!
Wait there is a June SWO board??

La'Marcos

Just got word PROREC-Y!!!
Active duty 9 years dual sea tours sub and surface warfare quall
3.95 gpa in military leadership from excelsior college
MP EP Map to E6 MP
OAR 51
Interview - SWO 05 all 10’s Sub Eng 05 all 9’s LDO sub weps 03 mostly 10’s
Currently a submarine Fire-control Technician LPO
Hope this helps the stat gurus!
Hooyah Subforce! Congrats!

La'Marcos

N – Not professionally recommended/Not best qualified by the community requested.
Y – Professionally recommended. There is no further action is required on the member’s part. This is not a select at this point. There are two Yes votes required to be final selected. One vote comes from the community boards (which the Y represents). Next, Navy Recruiting Command (NRC) will now send your medical documents through the medical review process here at NRC for commissioning standards. Once Physically Qualified (PQ) letter is issued we will forward your recommendation to the director of OCS Accessions here at NRC for final review and final vote. If final vote, this is the second vote, is given for selection than your command will be notified via email form the OCS desk here at NRC with Select letter, OCS class date and Service Agreement for the designator that you were final selected for. 
ALT – ALTERNATE SELECTEE

SWO OCS ACCESSIONS FEB 2020
Last Updated: 2/28/2020 7:57:43 AM

SSNUserNameMemberUICDesignatorStatus
3254A11600N

My question is there a final vote on this? I interpret this as a PROREC -N however, I was wondering how do you guys interpret the explanation paragraph? It's really confusing!

N – Not professionally recommended/Not best qualified by the community requested.
Y – Professionally recommended. There is no further action is required on the member’s part. This is not a select at this point. There are two Yes votes required to be final selected. One vote comes from the community boards (which the Y represents). Next, Navy Recruiting Command (NRC) will now send your medical documents through the medical review process here at NRC for commissioning standards. Once Physically Qualified (PQ) letter is issued we will forward your recommendation to the director of OCS Accessions here at NRC for final review and final vote. If final vote, this is the second vote, is given for selection than your command will be notified via email form the OCS desk here at NRC with Select letter, OCS class date and Service Agreement for the designator that you were final selected for. 
ALT – ALTERNATE SELECTEE

3254A11600N

My question is there a final vote on this? I interpret this as a PROREC -N however, I was wondering how do you guys interpret the explanation paragraph? It's really confusing!
That is only when if you were selected then your medical will be reviewed and be voted on. So unfortunately if you recieve a N. This would not apply to you. Do not stop trying I guess this is the lowest quota board their has been in a while. Keep trucking!

R.Dougie

Live•Laugh•Love
ALT – ALTERNATE SELECTEE

3254A11600N

It's a general blurb. I asked Mr. Paul in November about the alternate selectee part. It means nothing.

jlee199

Any predictions/speculation on how selective the next board will be? I know no one has a definitive answer but since last board was 70% and this one was less than 30% do y’all think next one should be in between or should we expect a trend of low selection for awhile?

Mel345

Any predictions/speculation on how selective the next board will be? I know no one has a definitive answer but since last board was 70% and this one was less than 30% do y’all think next one should be in between or should we expect a trend of low selection for awhile?
My recruiter said "we could keep you here and move your ship date back. But the next board will have the same if not lower selection rates"

Idk if that's just his speculation but hes been an OR for 9 years so I trusted what he said.

exNavyOffRec

My recruiter said "we could keep you here and move your ship date back. But the next board will have the same if not lower selection rates"

Idk if that's just his speculation but hes been an OR for 9 years so I trusted what he said.

the last time SWO was in this situation the way they fixed it was to skip a few boards, of course if the over-selections they have had are not too bad they could keep selection rates low in hopes that gets them back to where they want to be.