• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS SWA 737 Engine Failure - Diverts to PNS

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Flying (poorly).

I'm a big fan of the RKs who ditched a broken bird on ccx, then the IP hopped in the back of another plane and proceeded to over g the shit out of it in the break at TLH.

The Red Knight iron cross break: It's why we can't have nice things.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Flying (poorly).

I'm a big fan of the RKs who ditched a broken bird on ccx, then the IP hopped in the back of another plane and proceeded to over g the shit out of it in the break at TLH.

The Red Knight iron cross break: It's why we can't have nice things.
Oh man, they paid dearly for that, too.

Famous last words: "Hold on, I'm gonna rip your face off."

I hear a lot of jealousy from a Doucher-Bird.

Don't hate the player, hate the game biotch!

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
Oh man, they paid dearly for that, too.

Famous last words: "Hold on, I'm gonna rip your face off."

I hear a lot of jealousy from a Doucher-Bird.

Don't hate the player, hate the game biotch!

The game is fast break Friday.

If it was 14 and Friday, hold my beer and watch this.

sickboy

pilot
I had that glorious callsign on my Fam solo one morning some 11 years ago. That was the T-34 that decided it would be great to have the seat latch fail halfway between the initial and the numbers back at homefield. Clunk. Self, why am I staring between my knees at the HSI? Shit.

I ended up deltaing and doing some weird squat thing to get the seat back into position. Some smartass AF IP in the line shack afterwards asked me why I didn't just roll inverted. :)

I had the same thing happen to me during a PA solo. Apparently the seat can't handle 4.5G

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
305 was my best up in Michigan. 296 at KNSE.
That's a bit like bragging about driving a short bus and winning a drag race. Doesn't mean it's not fun, just keeping it in perspective...
hqdefault.jpg

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
That's a bit like bragging about driving a short bus and winning a drag race. Doesn't mean it's not fun, just keeping it in perspective...
hqdefault.jpg
Just for perspective...350 is course rules at Oceana, and we have to slow down for that.

My best was 5 bills at 500' in El Centro. Of course I ended up two miles abeam and then landed 1500' long.

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
Just for perspective...350 is course rules at Oceana, and we have to slow down for that.

My best was 5 bills at 500' in El Centro. Of course I ended up two miles abeam and then landed 1500' long.

Nailed it.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Hey,
I did the best I could with the equipment at hand. Ten knots under Vne was pretty good to me...

Speaking of which, what is Vne and max G's in the P-8...you know, just in case?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

As I recall, the 550 knot shit-hot Prowler break required about a 10 degree offset from runway heading to make the abeam without over-Ging the jet. At least at homefield.

CAG wasn't much for shit-hots at sea after some moron in a Charlie managed to cut off the COD on downwind.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
One of the first breaks I did in the T-6 was the exact opposite. I came in a bit slower than normal and wrapped it up to 5g and found myself almost on top of the runway. That was fun to try and recover.