• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Surgery scheduled

AppleCello

Wow you got the bandage lenses out quick. Mine stayed in more than 2 weeks. I was a slow healer though, taking 2 months to see 20/15. some poeple take even longer, so don't worry if things are crystal clear in only 4 weeks. give it time. keep us up to date.

FDX

It's mind games!
Wow you got the bandage lenses out quick. Mine stayed in more than 2 weeks. I was a slow healer though, taking 2 months to see 20/15. some poeple take even longer, so don't worry if things are crystal clear in only 4 weeks. give it time. keep us up to date.

geez man, two weeks!! im glad im healing quick cuz contacts bug the crap outta me. by the way, thanks for your blog and info on the subject. it helped me in what to expect, and im sure it has and will help many others.
cheers
FDX

AppleCello

Yeah before I had mine, there was only one or 2 blog-type writeups that I could find about the whole process so I decided to contribute to that rather meager body of work. I know that individual experiences and stories may not always represent the average person, but the anecdotal stuff is always helpful I find, even if just to have a concrete example. puts people more at ease.

Heres the link again for anyone else who's going through and wants to read up.

http://web.mac.com/applecello/iWeb/Site/PRK%20Blog/PRK%20Blog.html

MettGT

pilot

Wow, 2 weeks? I had my eyes done on a Friday and had the bandages out that Monday.

MettGT

pilot
Its the end result that counts.

Of course. I just figured most had their bandages out within a week, but everyone heals differently. As for results, I'm almost 6 months post-op and I'm still amazed every morning that I wake up.

FDX

It's mind games!
so on sunday i woke up with a tiny little vertical white line on my pupil. felt like i had an eyelash on my eye. Started to get worried and called my docs answering service. she had some other dude on call for and he told me not to touch. first thing monday morning i got an appointment and went in to see my doc. turns out my epitheleal layer grew on top of itself once it covered my eye again. she knocked a little of it off and said it would smooth out in a few days. needless to say, BIG RELIEF!!! anyways, two days later and its barely there anymore. My night vision is perfect, no starbursts,halos, etc. etc. Im also seeing about 20/30 during the day now.
cheers guys
FDX