• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply Boards and scores

snizo

Supply Officer
Its a lot of material in a short time - standard fire hose training with the Navy. It isn't difficult, though, as long as you don't blow it off ... and you won't want to blow it off in the beginning. Billet / first tour selection is based primarily off your class standing - so the higher your average, the more choices you have. It pays to be a winner ;)

They send the students up to Norfolk for a week in the middle of school. This will give you the chance to see many of the types of ships we have in the Navy (if you haven't already), and see first hand what supply officers do. This is before billet selection so you'll know what you want.

All in all - its a good time. There are a lot worse places to be in the Navy than Athens, Georgia....

Send me a msg if you have any more questions or want specific info.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Save the USNA/ROTC kids - the youngest ENS in the class was probably about 25-27.
That is good to hear. I will be turning 27 before I graduate from college and am hoping for a supply spot. I was afraid I would be the geriatric candidate of the class (not that it would be bad or anything).

snizo

Supply Officer
skim - that would be pretty average

airborne:
It isn't like the aviation community. Av students all want to be on Top Gun and jets are seen as the elite. That isn't at all how it is in the supply community. You will pick your billet based mostly on two things.

1 - Platform/community: not all platforms have all jobs. Supply officers on a sub have different responsibilities than a supply officer for the seabees.

2 - Location: a lot of supply officers already have roots somewhere, so they will want to go to a certain place (so not everyone puts San Diego as #1 choice).

Unlike most line officers, supply officers can go to a lot of different communities, so people don't all want the same thing. Bottom line - you can be # 20 in the class, and still get your first choice, and no one community will put you at a great advantage come promotion board time.

toledo619

On the ASTB Exam

Hey everybody
I'm taking the MFAT on 1/29/07, and I'm applying for the Supply corp, should I just focus on the OAR portion? or should I study all the other sections? (spatial, aviation/nautical, and biographical). Please email me as soon as possible. Thanks again.

AirborneJ

Just the OAR! at leat Navy was just OAR.
Math, Math, Math, and Mechanical comprehension. Reading comp is a breeze, but brush up on that portion. Focus on your Time and Math.

toledo619

Can someone check my stats as well

I'm taking my test on the 12th of Feb, but I want to know where I stand with everything else...Let me know...

Bachelor of Sci. (Global Business Management) G.P.A. 3.07
Master of Sci. (Global Leadership) G.P.A. 3.52

Tried out for the California Highway Patrol (didn't like Law Enforcement)
Supervisor for a Bank for 2 years.
Letter of Rec: From previous employers and professors (Grad and Undergrad)

Thanks everybody...

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
All these folks with these stats and whatnot.....man, I must have been hired under operation bootstap or something..........I'm lucky to have a bachelors degree.

snizo

Supply Officer
toledo - see any thread here for "what are my chances to get ____"

Can't answer how good a candidate you are. It depends on the qualifications of those you're being compared against. Sorry.

AirborneJ

Toledo,
Thats as strong as I am. My package was just submitted last week with a relatively low OAR, I'll let you know how I come out

Piacevole

I heard it through the grapevine that the July supply board meets today and that your package only had to be there by July 16th to be reviewed. However, this may be completely inaccurate. Anybody know?

jooman360

Questions for Supply Officers

Hey everybody. I turn my application for supply officer for the July board and I was told I would find out if i was accepted or not accepted at the end of July to mid august. I'm I knew it would probably take longer but can anyone give me an idea when I will know?