• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply Boards and scores

Lobster

Hey everybody. I turn my application for supply officer for the July board and I was told I would find out if i was accepted or not accepted at the end of July to mid august. I'm I knew it would probably take longer but can anyone give me an idea when I will know?

you should have for sure heard something by now if you actually made the july board, why haven't you talked to your OR? :confused:

jooman360

Questions for Supply Officers about career options after serving

I have an application in in for supply officer and i keep hearing that there are great career opportunities after serving. My question is What exactly are those carreers. What are many former supply officers doing now? I know it translates to a broad range of options, I just don't know exactly.

Clux4

Banned
You could be a Contracting Officer. That is actually a good field especially if the Navy will let you go to the Defense Aquisition University at Fort Belvoir to get some Leve I ,II or III certification. Either way, you will have a broad understanding of the FAR which by the way is a huge publication.
You could be making serious bank if you have all the right exposure. The good thing is that the Navy just has that one career field and then you guys tend to branch off into your area. On the USMC side for example, an Aviation Supply guy does not have a clue on how to run a Ground Supply shop. He does not even know what a CMR is.

Get an MBA as soon as you can. It only helps.

Ask away and I can share some of the info I have.

pensfan341

My BDCP application for Supply made the October board.

My stats looked something like this:
GPA 3.9 Major in Econ Minor in History and Business at John Carroll University
College soccer player
High school soccer and captain
ASTB 46
Okay LORS
3 Underage drinkings on my record

any thoughts on my package for getting picked up by Supply or the time line for when I will know will be appreciated

reilama

I dont know but the boards has to have a misterious way to accept applicants. I gonna talk on my case so you can understand what i'm saying.

I apply as follow SWO/METOC , INTEL, SUPPLY

I have a BS with mayor in chemistry with a minor in math. GPA 3.3

OAR 60 6/6/5

LOR: one of physical chemistry profesor, one laboral and the other one was personal

I think I did a strong personal statement.

I understand that where I most fit is in the science community or intel but I was pro rec to supply, so I don't know exactly what they look at the moment of evaluation. Any comment on this will be apreciated.

reilama

I dont know but the boards has to have a misterious way to accept applicants. I gonna talk on my case so you can understand what i'm saying.

I apply as follow SWO/METOC , INTEL, SUPPLY

I have a BS with mayor in chemistry with a minor in math. GPA 3.3

OAR 60 6/6/5

LOR: one of physical chemistry profesor, one laboral and the other one was personal

I think a strong personal statement.

I undersand that where I most fit is in the science community or intel but I was pro rec to supply, so I don't know exactly what they look at the moment of evaluation. Any comment will be apreciate.

dlee007

Submitted for March 2010 Board!

M/27
1. Supply
2. SWO
B.S. Business Administration w/ a minor in Communications, California State University San Marcos
G.P.A. 3.22
OAR 48
LOR's: O-6 (former C.O.), O-4 (former Div-O), CW2 Army Helo Pilot (former Navy buddy who became a Warrant Officer), College Professor, Ex-Supervisor
Supply Interview: O-6 All 10's, O-5 All 10's.
PRT: 100 Situps, 90 Pushups, 11:52 Run
Good Statement.
Prior Navy Enlisted E-5.

(Praying to God I get selected)

jmavalos

dlee,

Wow!! my stats look very simliar to yours, let me know if you get selected i plan on putting my package in April 2010...

LS2,

tonio

What is the process for an age waiver? Is it month for month? I am 29 with about a year of active service. (Reservist)

lawsokevin

I just saw a schedule for the selection boards and supply is the only one meeting every month.

Does this mean that they need more and if so, would that lower their standards?

I hate to put it like that but I'm not all that optimistic and taking into consideration my stats I'm even more weary.

M/26
supply/SWO/NFO
BA in Communication from CSUSM with a 2.6 GPA (my main concern)
OAR 51 7/7/6
LOR's: three from previous employers, 1 USMC CWO2 (EOD), RUSMC CWO3/lawyer (1st enlisted female EOD tech), [just found my old nieghbor RUSMC Capt., will include if I don't get in this round.]
No PRT ...just broke my ankle so we'll see how that works.

borednstoked

I just saw a schedule for the selection boards and supply is the only one meeting every month.

Does this mean that they need more and if so, would that lower their standards?

I hate to put it like that but I'm not all that optimistic and taking into consideration my stats I'm even more weary.

M/26
supply/SWO/NFO
BA in Communication from CSUSM with a 2.6 GPA (my main concern)
OAR 51 7/7/6
LOR's: three from previous employers, 1 USMC CWO2 (EOD), RUSMC CWO3/lawyer (1st enlisted female EOD tech), [just found my old nieghbor RUSMC Capt., will include if I don't get in this round.]
No PRT ...just broke my ankle so we'll see how that works.

Can't say that it lowers their standards but I think I can speak somewhat to the overall picture. I've been reading the supply forums along with most others for a couple months now and from what I can tell the supply boards are pretty tough relatively speaking. It seems that there are usually only a few selected each round. Somewhere on this site is a posting about the % selected each board and supply was pretty low. I've been trying to find others like myself selected in December but I've only found a couple. Those were from the navyocs site. I'd recommend looking there for supply, the forum there is a little more active in our domain. Good luck with whatever you decide!

mich313

Supply/SWO/Intel
Submitting my packet for the October Board!

-3.24 undergrad GPA (Psych)
-4.0 grad GPA (Psych)
-56 OAR
-LoRs from retired Army 1st Lieutenant, college organization supervisor, coworker, and a personal one
-My OR was very pleased with my motivational statement.

Hopeful to be in OCS in early 2014!!

KNSnowy

You guys should send Christmas candy to the Board members and show how well you can purchase, ship and supply to their needs... :D

/luck