• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Summer weight vs Winter weight NOMEX

robav8r

None
Contributor
This may be the gayest thing I've heard all month . . . . NAVAIR needs to spend their time, money and effort on stuff that matters.
HD - that's some funny shit right there. Have you experienced this special corner of Hell we call NAVAIR? We focus on "process" not products here. Stuff that matters ??? We're gonna have to form an IPT and review the engineering, test and program management impacts before we can "give you" stuff that matters :)

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
This is nothing new, it's just getting worse. On top of that, I'm just losing what little patience I have for those no talent ass clowns.

I'm not talking about technicians. I'm talking about those that make policy. I'm sick of it. I very nearly kicked the NAVAIR rep off of the FOB I was running last deployment due to his ridiculous impediments to progress.

My current job has only amplified those feelings. There are an amazing number of GS douchebags in charge of their own rice bowls around NAVAIR (and HQMC for that matter) whose sole function is to justify their own continued employment, all the while complicating our work and slowing down progress.

It's a never ending series of solutions looking for problems to solve.

Fuck them, and the horses they rode in on.

phrogpilot73

There are an amazing number of GS douchebags in charge of their own rice bowls around NAVAIR (and HQMC for that matter) whose sole function is to justify their own continued employment, all the while complicating our work and slowing down progress.
I've seen those guys when I was on active duty, and now when I'm a GS. It is frustrating, because I bust my ass and work 12 hour days when at Lejeune (next week) and 9-10 hour days when back at Little Creek. I do this because my JOB is to train young Marines to kill our nations enemies with CAS. I'd rather spend time away from home then send them downrange unprepared (although I will admit, I bring the RV down - because after a 12 hour day the last thing I want to do is hang at the Q, and the RV park is ON THE BEACH).

There are some oxygen thieves among the GS ranks, and they give the rest of us a bad name. I'm terrified of sequestration, because I got hired after some guys I work with - and I get to work before they do, and leave after them, and they DON'T travel. That shit doesn't matter, it only matters what date you were hired...

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
This is nothing new, it's just getting worse. On top of that, I'm just losing what little patience I have for those no talent ass clowns.

I'm not talking about technicians. I'm talking about those that make policy. I'm sick of it. I very nearly kicked the NAVAIR rep off of the FOB I was running last deployment due to his ridiculous impediments to progress.

My current job has only amplified those feelings. There are an amazing number of GS douchebags in charge of their own rice bowls around NAVAIR (and HQMC for that matter) whose sole function is to justify their own continued employment, all the while complicating our work and slowing down progress.
R
It's a never ending series of solutions looking for problems to solve.

Fuck them, and the horses they rode in on.

I have had a piddle pack removed from my g suit pocket before an inspection. An approved piddle pack, be cause i dont think civilian piddle packs exist.

UMichfly

pilot
None
I have had a piddle pack removed from my g suit pocket before an inspection. An approved piddle pack, be cause i dont think civilian piddle packs exist.

You know you're supposed to throw those ove...errr...dispose of those in an approved manner instead of keeping them for mementos right.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
You know you're supposed to throw those ove...errr...dispose of those in an approved manner instead of keeping them for mementos right.

A yellow shirt once got all upset with me for throwing a full piddle pack overboard. I offered to save the next one for him to dispose of himself, but he quickly decided that my way was more efficient.

Never heard anything about it again, despite doing that every day.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
I keep them around so I can surprise squadronmates with a yellow snowcone on special occasions, like birthdays and such.