• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
yea no one cares what your socks look like as long as they're white when you have your shoes on.

as an added bonus, write your name on them somewhere. i used the provided stencil kit to mark the arch with my name as a practice for marking the RLP stuff. actually i still use these same socks with my flight boots :)

i found good running calf socks at an actual running store, so check to see if you have one locally.

And to add on to that...Do not bring ankle socks! Make sure they are high enough to put your gouge pack in.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
Hey...
Still at OCS waiting on my orders. What is the deal with the wait for API? Do you go down there and they give you a stash job or do you have to find one?
thanks
ps I have no idea what is going on so if you could any information that would be great. I haven't had time to search the forum
kat

Consider A-pool as your first lesson on how to succeed at flight school: Complete all your check-in stuff quickly, blend in, hang out with your buds at the beach, avoid getting a stash job if you can, but don't complain if you end up with one. Do whatever is asked of you professionally and pursue the leisure activities of your choosing in your considerable free time, drinking, SCUBA lessons, reading, etc.

Drink heavily when you have people around to make sure you don't get crazy, and don't drink (or stop drinking) when you're taking care of your buds. Buy people alcohol. If you have a pitcher, offer it to anybody you end up talking to. Go to the O'club on Friday evenings and don't be afraid to chat up the studs and instructors there. Don't be a douche bag, a brown-noser, or try to talk about things you don't understand, but don't be afraid to be yourself, either.

As to what you can expect in A-pool, there's a lot of info on that in other threads. Basically, I think the way it has reverted back to is a daily physical muster on the parade ground and then you're free to go about your merry existence. Get some brown shoes.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Drink heavily when you have people around to make sure you don't get crazy, and don't drink (or stop drinking) when you're taking care of your buds. Buy people alcohol. If you have a pitcher, offer it to anybody you end up talking to. Go to the O'club on Friday evenings and don't be afraid to chat up the studs and instructors there. Don't be a douche bag, a brown-noser, or try to talk about things you don't understand, but don't be afraid to be yourself, either.

Fuck

DaSilva11

A-Pool SNA
The required knowledge for OCS are; Chain of Command, Orders of a Sentry, Code of Conduct and being able to describe rank insignia's of both Navy/Marine officers & enlistment.....correct? Just making sure that I'm studying the right knowledge.

Also, when would we be tested to repeat this knowledge verbatim? and how many times?

....i know this maybe a basic or stupid question to ask but my time is coming up to leave for OCS (nov. 1). Thanks

anghockey

Fleens? You're not Fleens!
The required knowledge for OCS are; Chain of Command, Orders of a Sentry, Code of Conduct and being able to describe rank insignia's of both Navy/Marine officers & enlistment.....correct? Just making sure that I'm studying the right knowledge.

Also, when would we be tested to repeat this knowledge verbatim? and how many times?

....i know this maybe a basic or stupid question to ask but my time is coming up to leave for OCS (nov. 1). Thanks

http://www1.netc.navy.mil/nstc/otc/ocs_academics.asp

See the bottom of the page.

i started ocs in feb '09 and finished in april '09 and the whole time i was there the OUT PFA MIN was GOOD-LOW, although if you can't score higher than a GOOD-LOW on the out then you either weren't working hard enough or had a very easy CDI! :)

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
You could end up being lazy here the civilian world and still manage a good-low overall I'd hope; If the goal is to be a Naval Officer anyway.

you would be very surprised to see how many people actually fail the out pfa. actually what is more sad is how many people fail the IN pfa. their recruiters like to fudge the numbers and in fact one kid in my class didn't even do a prt before getting to ocs.

nugget61

pilot
Kinda the wrong forum, but couldn't find a better active thread for it - did the date get changed for when recruiters have to get sna/snfo packages in? My processor just told me it was the 25th instead of the 1st. Only care since that would bump me back another month due to the OR being on leave. Thanks

BTP1368

Pro-Rec SWO!!!
Pfa

Oh, I was already training for the higher standards, and I am well above GOOD-LOW. What happens if you fail the out PFA, do you just get rolled back?

blarged

ready
Kinda the wrong forum, but couldn't find a better active thread for it - did the date get changed for when recruiters have to get sna/snfo packages in? My processor just told me it was the 25th instead of the 1st. Only care since that would bump me back another month due to the OR being on leave. Thanks

Yes, 25th of the month is what I've been hearing on here for the last few months I think.

Oh, I was already training for the higher standards, and I am well above GOOD-LOW. What happens if you fail the out PFA, do you just get rolled back?

it really depends on why you failed it. if you fail it b/c you are sick or you sprained an ankle during the run or something, they will let you make it up later that week if not the beginning of the next. if you fail it b/c you're fat and nasty, then they will just toss you into H. but, as with everything else, this could be completely wrong b/c it seems like OCS changes it's policies on things on a very regular basis.