• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

nugget61

pilot
Seriously, do not screw up the in pfa. It will NOT be like the PFA you did in the fleet or with your recruiter. Do not let the person you are partnered with that day fail either...

What happens if your partner fails?

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
You fight individually at first, you'll fight as a team later. In time, you will fail if your partner fails but your in-PFA is not one of those times. Just do not be one of those who sucks. Come prepared.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
And don't be the jackass to take the initiative to not count or deduct reps from your partner on your own. The DIs and Chiefs will let you know if reps need to come off.

bb1125

None
And don't be the jackass to take the initiative to not count or deduct reps from your partner on your own. The DIs and Chiefs will let you know if reps need to come off.
There was actually a guy in my class during the in-prt that got zero'd out by a DI who said he shouldn't be counting his partner's pathetic push ups. Just like you said, our candios told us to count everything and let the DI's/Chiefs decide what counts, which is what this guy did(after maxing his own push ups I might add), yet he still had to spend three weeks in H. Sometimes you just can't win no matter what you do.

nugget61

pilot
There was actually a guy in my class during the in-prt that got zero'd out by a DI who said he shouldn't be counting his partner's pathetic push ups. Just like you said, our candios told us to count everything and let the DI's/Chiefs decide what counts, which is what this guy did(after maxing his own push ups I might add), yet he still had to spend three weeks in H. Sometimes you just can't win no matter what you do.

Man that sucks. But it brings up a concern that I have - I have long arms, so when I do push ups properly, my chest is still about 8" off the deck. And everyone says to go to a roll of socks in height - which for me is far below a 90* angle... I want to do them right but I don't want to stand out to the DI's - will they get on me for bad form if I do the push up to more than 90*?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
They look for a 90 degree angle. I would wager that the guy who got zeroed had a partner that was doing exceptionally awful pushups.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
Man that sucks. But it brings up a concern that I have - I have long arms, so when I do push ups properly, my chest is still about 8" off the deck. And everyone says to go to a roll of socks in height - which for me is far below a 90* angle... I want to do them right but I don't want to stand out to the DI's - will they get on me for bad form if I do the push up to more than 90*?

Safest thing to do is to go down until you are almost touching the deck. If you think you might have trouble getting 50-60 push-ups doing this, then just do 90 degrees. I passed the IN-PFA, was rolled by the black ninja on Thursday of indoc week, got considerably stronger after 3 weeks in H and had constantly improving scores on the PFAs...only to get push-ups zero'd by the black ninja on the next classes IN-PFA and another 3 week delay.

That is kind of bad luck, but the point is to take form seriously :)

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Safest thing to do is to go down until you are almost touching the deck. If you think you might have trouble getting 50-60 push-ups doing this, then just do 90 degrees. I passed the IN-PFA, was rolled by the black ninja on Thursday of indoc week, got considerably stronger after 3 weeks in H and had constantly improving scores on the PFAs...only to get push-ups zero'd by the black ninja on the next classes IN-PFA and another 3 week delay.

That is kind of bad luck, but the point is to take form seriously :)
You were just exceedingly nasty and need special attention from Master Guns.

SeaStud19

I'm currently in BDCP for Intel but, I've had my sights set for specwar ever since I for BDCP. My recruiter has told me that I can't apply for specwar until I'm 6 mo. away from graduation which will be in Dec. I just wanted to know how accurate this information is in regards to being able to switch.

Can you re-designate while you are at OCS?

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
the only time i ever saw this happen was when someone was NPQ'ed from generally NFO/pilot/specwar and got re designated as SWO or supply

the specwar guys generally DOR'ed rather than becoming SWO or supply

I'm currently in BDCP for Intel but, I've had my sights set for specwar ever since I for BDCP. My recruiter has told me that I can't apply for specwar until I'm 6 mo. away from graduation which will be in Dec. I just wanted to know how accurate this information is in regards to being able to switch.

A number of the people in my class are trying to do this right now, and no one has been successful. They say it's possible, but you're going to have to fight like hell to have any hope of making it happen.

staff03

I'm going to OCS on 4 Jan 09, SNA non BDCP, from TX. I have to make a decision to fly or drive soon so I can get my final orders. It's a 30 hour drive from where I am. Does anyone have any advice on what to do that is a similar distance from RI? I know if I have my car I will be able to store stuff in it and take it on liberty, but if I fly I might not be able to find a place to store a cell phone, etc... I was also wondering if, after OCS, will I have time to travel back home to get stuff to bring to Pensacola or do I have to report straight there and try to get my stuff some other time? My worry about driving there is that I would have to drive to RI, back home after OCS to get stuff, and then to Pensacola which would be a ton of driving. Would it be better to fly?