• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I got to meet the chief of the division I will be divo for. Sure enough, I walked up, said "hey senior, how are you" and sure enough, he asked for 'diamonds'.

joshmf

That wasn't my class, but I had the same Drill Instructor and she takes care of her candidates extremely well.

To anyone worried about OCS, it's not that bad and you'll do well as long as you want to be there.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Coming from the Marine side of the house, I guess I never knew how they let 'senior' candidates take such a big role with the newbies. Much different than I expected ... we were still just candidate pukes until we walked across the parade deck.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
There's quite a bit of paperwork that you'll have to fill out including medical forms and such. After I took the ASTB they set me up online to fill out the SF86. I'd go ahead and start thinking back about 7 years for your address history. You're going to need a lot of references if you have lived a lot of places but that's only if you lived there in the past 5 years. Anyways take the ASTB. Once you do that you really get rolling on stuff I think.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
400 words is it. Get your LORs ready and other stuff like that. I think they need SAT and ACT scores sent to them. Official reports. Get your official transcripts sent to your recruiter. Things like that. There is a lot of stuff you can do. Did you recruiter send you like a little helpful info .doc? Mine sent me something like that and pretty much told me what I could work on and such but it was specific to them. Just call up your recruiter and see what they have for you. But I really suggest getting the ASTB out of the way. You can only study so much before you gotta dive in and do it. Seems like you have time so you could take it again if you needed to.

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
The SF 86 was a nightmare for me. I am 34 and I have lived in many different countries over the years and have no idea where to find old roommates etc. I had to look at 3 of my passports and ask friends and look at pics to dig up my past. Plus, one of my roommates was my ex-girlfriend so I'm not sure she would be a great reference.

Although they only want to go back 7 years, I am confused to some of the questions. For example, I have not smoked marijuana in the past seven years but I have in high school ( just a few times). Do I disclose this even though it was 18 years ago? I was arrested 20 years ago for skateboarding (I was 14). Is this important? It seems so minor to me. I mean I am a way different person now. How about medical stuff? Do I include wisdom teeth removal on my form? I disclosed a recent surgery for my hand and luckily was able to find the doctor and get the paperwork. But, I had a fracture/crack in my right hand way back when I was 14 (no surgery, just a plaster cast put on) but I have no idea where or who the doctor is/was. My parents are not a good help because they have moved around so much and had no idea what I was talking about.

The form is awkward for me because I feel it was designed for a certain type of person.

Damn, this is making me paranoid. I think I'm going to go through the form again.

I finally got scheduled for MEPS for this Monday. I hope they ask the right questions.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
The form asks for drug use within the last 7 years. If it wasn't within the last 7 years, then don't put it down. I remember that being very clear.

I also remember inputting a lot of data that it didn't accept and it (the program) said to not input certain things (residences, and references) from before I was 18. Luckily I was 19 filling this out, so what I thought was going to take forever, took only about an hour or two to complete.