• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
1. You get PT gear issued before the In PRT
2. You can wear the issued jock strap, though I dont know anyone who did. Wear the tighty whities, for the sake of your boys and the guy holding down your feet during curl ups, although the new shorts are much longer...

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Jackass said:
Do candidates get sun screen in the summer months?

Ya, that shit exploded in my sea bag during outpost. My seabag STILL smells like sunscreen a year later. :icon_rage

skim

None
Contributor
They tell you take anything breakable or liquid out you know....

SkidGear

Ok I have two questions really... 1) Are you allowed to where wedding rings while at OCS? 2) When do the benefits: tri-care for family, pay, able to shop at commisary "family" and stuff like that begin? Is it when I swear in or when I report to Newport? The tri-care healthcare, is my main question I guess. Having a baby in Oct and would just like an idea when the coverage starts...thanks again

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Wedding rings are allowed to be worn. Don't know about your 2nd question.

mttaggart

Well I can tell you that my tri-care and DEERS account have not yet kicked in, and I'm sworn in. That also, for non-BDCP folks, seems to be linked to NKO access. Best guess is it starts once you have a photo ID at OCS.

E2Cougar

NFO
None
Ok I have two questions really... 1) Are you allowed to where wedding rings while at OCS? 2) When do the benefits: tri-care for family, pay, able to shop at commisary "family" and stuff like that begin? Is it when I swear in or when I report to Newport? The tri-care healthcare, is my main question I guess. Having a baby in Oct and would just like an idea when the coverage starts...thanks again
If I recall correctly, I called my wife during week 2 or 3 to tell her to get her ass to the AF base near where we lived and get an ID. After you report and you are entered into PSD I think she can go to her local PSD office and get one made. As soon as she's in DEERS she's eligible for all benefits. Make a visit to your local PSD (Personnel Support Detachment) on base or call your recruiter for more information and to verify that this hasn't changed.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Get a cheap wedding wing or don't wear one at all. I know one guy who lost his wedding ring in the sand. Don't bring nice things to OCS!

mcmurray

My husband is at OCS right now but our family started getting full health benefits when he was sworn in four months ago. We just had a baby... it cost us nothing!! Congrats and good luck

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Can someone tell me how voting will work if I'm in OCS in November? Absentee ballot? Should I try to take care of this when I have my date to make sure I get it in the mail at OCS?

skim

None
Contributor
Can someone tell me how voting will work if I'm in OCS in November? Absentee ballot? Should I try to take care of this when I have my date to make sure I get it in the mail at OCS?

You walk up to the booth then stand at attention. Adjust your gig line and square yourself away. Take one step forward, right face. Now facing inside the booth Knock 3 times with your right hand on the door jam then ballistically state "SIR! OFFICER CANDIDATE (your last name) CLASS (your class) requests permission to vote for (candidate and title)." Once given permission you make the most direct path to the stand standing no more then 18 inches. Upon voting, head straight for the door and announce over your right shoulder while crossing through "GOOD MORNING SIR!!"

skillz

OCS is NO PUNK!

For those that are applying for OCS, going to OCS, or thinking about OCS, here is a pretty good link of what your in for. I'm sure this isn't the half of it. I'm sure there are intimate moments the Marine DI's spend with the candidates that weren't shown, but it will give you a lil' taste....:eek:

http://www. projo. com/extra/2008/ocs/