• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Sache

Do we have access to a gym while there?

I see the military pays bi-monthly...will that start after OCS in a lump sum or should I expect to see an amount 2 weeks after I am commissioned?

Sache

I see the military pays bi-monthly...will that start after OCS in a lump sum or should I expect to see an amount 2 weeks after I am commissioned?

Also the dress shoes with uniform will will have to buy? 13EE is my shoes siZe hope they can accommodate that.

LET73

Not only are they allowed, they are also issued and there use highly recommended by all the staff.
They were inspection items when I went through. Whether that's the case now or not, use them. My feet got messed up enough without catching diseases in the shower.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*

You won't be needing it. You don't have control of your own time to just pop over to the gym and work out.

Candio phase, you'll probably have time, and you'll still have access.

One of the first things they do there is the boring admin stuff like setting up your pay (as opposed to fun exciting stuff like getting yelled at and PTing a lot). You'll get paid biweekly while you are there at the E-5 base pay rate, and then your pay will go up when you commission.

44magnum

Regarding what to wear to check-in. . .

I figured I'd show up in chinos and a polo, which seemed appropriate to me, but now I'm having second thoughts.

Looking through the check-in Sunday photos on the OTC Facebook page, I notice some trends. If you are wearing pants, they are tucked into your socks. However, if you are wearing ankle socks, then you roll your pants up. But if you are wearing shorts, then neither is necessary. I don't really consider shorts to be "appropriate civilian attire," but since everyone else does, it seems like the best choice here. Not that it's that big of a deal, but this is the 'stupid questions' forum. So, any input? Is there any reason not to wear shorts?

BleedGreen

pilot
Regarding what to wear to check-in. . .

I figured I'd show up in chinos and a polo, which seemed appropriate to me, but now I'm having second thoughts.

Looking through the check-in Sunday photos on the OTC Facebook page, I notice some trends. If you are wearing pants, they are tucked into your socks. However, if you are wearing ankle socks, then you roll your pants up. But if you are wearing shorts, then neither is necessary. I don't really consider shorts to be "appropriate civilian attire," but since everyone else does, it seems like the best choice here. Not that it's that big of a deal, but this is the 'stupid questions' forum. So, any input? Is there any reason not to wear shorts?
Your over thinking things. Wear something comfortable/casual that you don't mind getting covered in sweat. I wore a nice polo a which I now regret, because sometime during check in it was permanently stained. If your really worried, wear neutral colors if you think you'll stick out

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Also, don't you check out with the clothes you checked in with? November 21 in the RI would be no time for wearing shorts...
They have a NEX on the base in case you forget. But a better idea, if you know you're changing seasons, is to leave a pair of winter clothes in your trunk and wear the summer clothes upon check-in, so you don't run around in a winter jacket and sweater in the middle of August.