• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid questions about Naval Aviation (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hey, I'm no longer one of the tribe there. Last I checked your squadron was East Coast LAMPS there Gator :D

(Granted, FUBIJAR is probably heavily in effect)

But I'm not east coast. I roll West Coast style, what w/ "Paddles" and such.

Not familiar w/ "FUBIJAR."

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
F U Buddy I'm Just A Reservist

f14squadronlogovf128501.jpg

:D

MasterBates

I was probably well north of 1000mg a day easy at the time. alternating 0400 land NVG hops with "you must be here at 0800 if you don't need crew rest for the next day" plays hell with ones sleep cycles.

I still don't remember HOW I wrote the flight schedules, it just happened. I think Diet Coke with Lime is capable of writing a sked in SHARP on its own.

Pags

N/A
pilot
"you must be here at 0800 if you don't need crew rest for the next day"

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard and shows a complete lack of regard for circadian rhythm. Getting 2hrs of sleep makes a you a prime candidate to buy it on the drive back into work or on the drive home the next day. Our Wing SOP has the "shall not be required to muster until 10hrs after post-flight debrief, should not be required to muster until 12..." clause in it, which helps a fair bit.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
ICAN'tFUCKIN'BELEVUNVRHRDTHAT ... :D

You kids today, with your "LOLs."

Actually, I had a delightful flight today w/ one such reservist. The amusing part is that even when you're not the HAC, maintenance talks to you like you are and even the "real" HAC tends to defer to your whims. Of course, this doesn't always work for those pain-in-the-ass O-5 reservists. Then FUBIJaR seems apt, at times.

A.V.8.R.1990

Chances of using carrier after purchase of f-35b

I was just wondering that because of the fact that the Marines are buying solely F-35b's to replace their F-18's and Harriers, will future Marines fighters ever be on carriers alongside Navy fighters like they are today with the Hornets...Because of the fact that the F-35b is STOVL...i don't really see a need for this...but just wondering if anyone has any information on the topic...Thanks...

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I was just wondering that because of the fact that the Marines are buying solely F-35b's to replace their F-18's and Harriers, will future Marines fighters ever be on carriers alongside Navy fighters like they are today with the Hornets...Because of the fact that the F-35b is STOVL...i don't really see a need for this...but just wondering if anyone has any information on the topic...Thanks...

I don't see the Marines not having some type of airplane presence on an aircraft carrier. It's a political thing...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't see the Marines not having some type of airplane presence on an aircraft carrier. It's a political thing...

Well, they didn't for most of the 90s, and it's going to be awfully hard to have a carrier presence without a jet that can take a trap. The Marines are even removing CQ from the Prowler RAG once they take over. I guess they'll always have their amphibs.

Brett

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Well, they didn't for most of the 90s, and it's going to be awfully hard to have a carrier presence without a jet that can take a trap. The Marines are even removing CQ from the Prowler RAG once they take over. I guess they'll always have their amphibs.

Brett

Touche...

The latest issue of the MC Times has a couple of editorials and an article saying that the Navy may not be really looking into having a plan for more (or new) amphibs. They are afraid the QDR is going to come out and that the existence of the amphibs comes into question.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Touche...

The latest issue of the MC Times has a couple of editorials and an article saying that the Navy may not be really looking into having a plan for more (or new) amphibs. They are afraid the QDR is going to come out and that the existence of the amphibs comes into question.

That would also surprise me, given the new ships they're buying. Like you said - it's political, and while having Marine jets attached to CVWs doesn't being the Corps much in the way of "capital," losing their entire "raison d'etre" is another. If Marines can't conduct amphibious operations, then why do we need them? At any rate, every one of those (insert service) Times publications are completely worthless. They're no better than the National Enquirer or Weekly World News, IMO. People have this misguided notion that they are somehow "in the know" or "pro service," when the truth is, they're all just another mediocre media outlet that happens to pray on the military. Take that for what it's worth. ;)

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.