• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid Questions about Naval Aviation (Part 3)

phrogpilot73

I'm going to go out on a limb here (as dangerous as that might be) and say that guys who have received NPLOCs might (just might) have skewed point of view. Just out of curiosity, if you don't have a DUI on your record in the Marines, how might that play out?
I see where you're going with this... Let's see, PSW's commodore had a NPLOC from O-1 to O-5. The fired XO in my example? He punched out a Major when he was a Captain, got a DUI as a Captain, and got fired as the XO when he was a LtCol select. He got command as an O-5 and was selected for and pinned on Colonel...

Maybe there's not that much different between Navy & USMC leadership after all...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I see where you're going with this... Let's see, PSW's commodore had a NPLOC from O-1 to O-5. The fired XO in my example? He punched out a Major when he was a Captain, got a DUI as a Captain, and got fired as the XO when he was a LtCol select. He got command as an O-5 and was selected for and pinned on Colonel...

Maybe there's not that much different between Navy & USMC leadership after all...
lol. Interesting. Maybe the Marines have a better perspective when it comes to the zero-defect mentality?

MasterBates

Long story short, don't call your CO a dick on Facebook. :D It reminds me of the Seinfeld scene when George gets caught having sex in his office. "Was that wrong?"

Well, it was said in a sarcastic manner, to a semi-private audience.

A JO screen cap'd it and mailed it to him for his own gain.

So he was a backstabbing cockmongrel, and my old CO, I STILL consider to be a dick.

I'm sure Saint Brett has never EVER said his CO/XO/DH was a dick in private.

MasterBates

Moopes?

I'm actually in Sweden now working on an offshore boat. Had to shuffle perssonel on the project because another engineer got denied a Swedish work visa.

The sad part, is I have the lower end cabin, and it's still nicer than your average CO's cabin on a CVN.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't think the Moopes made it past southern Spain, unless you count Antonio Banderas in that Eaters of the Dead film.

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Moopes?

I'm actually in Sweden now working on an offshore boat. Had to shuffle perssonel on the project because another engineer got denied a Swedish work visa.

The sad part, is I have the lower end cabin, and it's still nicer than your average CO's cabin on a CVN.

Is this part of an effort to track down Puma Swede?

MasterBates

I'm hunting for the Swedish Bikini Team.

They seem to populate a beach across from the berth my boat is in.

Oh, Norwegian Captains are just like SWO Captains. They hate when you call their vessel a Boat and not a "Ship"