• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

stash jobs/a-pool

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Anyone know if they're going to put up some sort of list of places we can go work or volunteer?

Oh wait...that would be far too sensible.

I had actually gone out yesterday in search of a job. I tried to land one with NASP Fire/EMS and they said they'd call me back, but I guess there's no getting out of this one. Tight for me.

Just go door to door asking if they need help. Or find an organization out in town. Then go talk to the JG in Flight Management. But do it fast or you'll end up like me.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Do it fast or you'll end up like me.

This doesn't apply to people who are classing up for things next week, right? I'm hitting DiVOLC next week, so does that mean I have a little bit of time to get organized?

(I've been in IFS for the last 3 weeks so I've missed all the recent excitement...sorry if I sound out of the loop.)

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
This doesn't apply to people who are classing up for things next week, right? I'm hitting DiVOLC next week, so does that mean I have a little bit of time to get organized?

(I've been in IFS for the last 3 weeks so I've missed all the recent excitement...sorry if I sound out of the loop.)

You'll be good for now, but I'd lock something up soon. Why? There's an assignment over at Corry that involves 'analysis' work and is supposedly 5-6 months long. The word analysis scares me. Coming out of IFS you'd be a prime candidate.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
You'll be good for now, but I'd lock something up soon. Why? There's an assignment over at Corry that involves 'analysis' work and is supposedly 5-6 months long. The word analysis scares me. Coming out of IFS you'd be a prime candidate.

Anything including the word 'anal' as either part of all of the descriptor scares me. I'll get on my treasure hunt. Thanks for the tip.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Don't know if it's still a possibility, but a few stash guys in the day got to go to aviation maintenance officers' course. 10wks of an easy course that might actually do you some good down the road. Hey, if you don't ask, the answer's always "no."

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Marine SNAs and SNFOs are still getting seats to AMO School at Whiting. A class just finished up there last weekend so now may be the time to strike for a seat there. We also regularly get seats to some courses at Hurlburt Field.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Do the AMO course if you can swing it. It might not make a whole lot of sense right now, but it will when you hit the fleet and have to deal with maintenance.

3GAF

Marine SNAs and SNFOs are still getting seats to AMO School at Whiting. A class just finished up there last weekend so now may be the time to strike for a seat there. We also regularly get seats to some courses at Hurlburt Field.

What courses are generally offered to Marines to be taken at Hurlburt? Can you direct me to a publicly available online resource listing the courses you're referring to or list them here for reference? I'm an Air Force UPT candidate and will be sitting casual for a while down at Whiting--would probably prefer to take a course over at Hurlburt than to do a stash job, if they'll let an AF UPT bubba in over there.

Thanks!

JonDW7

Hold at Source...

Do you guys have any idea when they are starting to hold people at their commissioning source? I am reporting in a month, and I would rather keep my stash job at my commissioning source than stand QD watch for the next 6 months. Also, what's the current wait looking like for December grads and classing up? Is it still 5 months or so?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If anyone wants a good stash job at VT-86, PM me. I could abuse, er, I mean use a stash.

-ea6bflyr ;)

MasterBates

I got an idea for a stash.. Have a couple Poolies who have AWGs, roam around collecting signatures on a petition to save AWGs.

Have them report to Hozer.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I finally accidently found Abbotts on Palafox today when I was going to brunch. I might be in for a visit in the near future. I really hope the petition works, because I'll be slightly grumpy if I shell out for a uniform I can only wear for another year, not to mention getting rid of it is gay in the first place whether or not you actually wear it.