• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

stash jobs/a-pool

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
What's everyone's stash job? I need to find one after IFS since after this morning I guess they want everyone to have one. My buddy works at the museum, but I guess that is over-packed with Ensigns.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
fyi, the vt-2 pao is looking for a stash ENS. If you live in milton that would be a good gig, don't have to muster in Pcola every day of the week. If you're interested let me know.

UMichfly

pilot
None
Being a bouy chucker at the pool was a good deal stash job when I was there. The uniform of the day was shorts and a t-shirt and it only took a few hours a week. It's also a good one if you want to work on sucking less at swimming...which I definitely did.

Sinatra

ALOHA LAMPS
What's everyone's stash job? I need to find one after IFS since after this morning I guess they want everyone to have one. My buddy works at the museum, but I guess that is over-packed with Ensigns.
If you're interested, today was my last day in Student Control, so I'm sure they'd like a replacement. You'll have a 4 hr watch once a week and you're "in the know" when it comes to classing up questions, etc. It's not a bad gig. Just fill out a chit and it will probably be yours. Well, that is unless somebody else reads this and gets there first!

wingsB4rings

Four fans of freedom, all day long
None
If you're interested, today was my last day in Student Control, so I'm sure they'd like a replacement. You'll have a 4 hr watch once a week and you're "in the know" when it comes to classing up questions, etc. It's not a bad gig. Just fill out a chit and it will probably be yours. Well, that is unless somebody else reads this and gets there first!

Something tells me people won't be fighting each other to get this job. Why not just roll the dice, lay low, NOT VOLUNTEER FOR ANYTHING IN A-POOL, and hope you get passed over for a stash job until you get classed up? The worst that could happen is you actually get a stash job. The alternative, to me, seems worth the risk.

Sinatra

ALOHA LAMPS
Something tells me people won't be fighting each other to get this job. Why not just roll the dice, lay low, NOT VOLUNTEER FOR ANYTHING IN A-POOL, and hope you get passed over for a stash job until you get classed up? The worst that could happen is you actually get a stash job. The alternative, to me, seems worth the risk.
As of today, "Everybody will have a stash job" Those not volunteering are being voluntold

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
People will work stash jobs both on base and out in town, as per NASC CO.

Damn! At least you can try to pick if you figure out what you want early enough. That's what I did. I'm in a bunch of classes instead of doing menial crap. Any period not covered by a course is covered by leave since I have the luxury of being an O-1 with 89 days on the books.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
This will almost certainly solve the problem of students with too much time on their hands getting in trouble w/ said excess time. Wait - what's that you say? The students who got in loads of trouble already had stash jobs thus reducing their requirement to check in personally on a daily basis? Oh well, nevermind, then.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
That's kind of what I was thinking. Pensacola could end up starting the summer off with some damn clean parks. Don't forget to try to count your time picking up trash towards one of these.

zoomie08

Fast, Neat, Average...
I volunteered in an elementary school when I was in the pool. It was from 730-1200 (sometimes later but wasn't to stay later). It seemed to really help the teachers and kids and it was a lot of fun. And, the schools around P'cola can definitely use the help.

Oh, and there are a lot of single teachers to hit on if you so desire.

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
so suddenly they're going to figure out how to stash how many ensigns? 400+?

i guess they can stash some keeping track of where all the stashes are
I think the new LTJG here said something along the lines that there about 130 of us without stash jobs, which bewildered me because I thought it had to have been a lot higher than that.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
Well there goes my plan to play lots of golf and surf when I finish up IFS next week :(