• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 & SEALs

sun

Ok I have a other question about the STA21 program. What about age? I'm turning 23 soon in feb of next year. I read for SEALs it's age waiver I think is 35 I believe is this correct? or all depends on the CO. It is different for SEALs I suppose.

Lycurgus

Age: STA-21 SPECWAR Option selectees must be able to complete degree requirements and be commissioned by age 29. Maximum age limit may be adjusted upward for active service on a month-for-month basis up to 24 months. Waivers beyond 24 months will be considered for enlisted personnel who possess particularly exceptional qualifications, provided they can be commissioned prior to age 35.

Your CO just has to recommend that your age waiver is approved in his endorsement. BTW....I will be 31 when I start college.

sun

Thanks man, you really gave me a better insight and having no worries. Wow 31, alright that tells me I don't have to worry about this but rather prove my worth to the CO.

rdjarvis

I went to BUD/s twice 254, 277. I was dropped for stress fractures twice. I got my ass in gear, earned a Private Pilots License, finished college and applied for OCS. I was picked for Navy Pilot the first time. OCS starts in March! When you are in BUD/s man, the LAST thing on your mind should be a STA-21 package! You need to put all of your heart and soul into every thing out there on the Silver Strand!! Pilots and SEALs, we are the same...hehehe! You will never know unless you try so DO IT, and achieve great things......Im sure LYCURGUS will agree....try and get a summer class :) Now Im going to score some blow, stab a hooker and cry myself to sleep :):) hahahaha