• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Speeding Ticket Protocol After Commissioning

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
One small caution on speeding tickets ( and I have had my fair share):

Airlines care about speeding tickets within the last 10 years. Some places don't make too big a deal but I am told it can be a deal breaker at Southwest. Part of the getting out process is to order your driving record. I do know of 2 guys that did not get hired because they were caught lying (they didn't know about- not knowing doesn't count) about tickets. I am told that those that disclosed did get asked in the interview but got hired. Luckly mine were on base (don't count/in-house) and the ones on the outside were warnings so didn't have any explaining to do.

PS: I know none of this doesn't apply to original poster but thought it was good to know info!

snake020

Contributor
Stay away from the cops in all of, Texas.

Fixed it for you. I-10 through Texas was AWFUL. Nobody went over the speed limit and all that did even slightly were stopped by the state patrol who were littered across the interstate like rats.

Once you crossed the state line into Louisiana it was like the NASCAR yellow flag went green.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Fixed it for you. I-10 through Texas was AWFUL. Nobody went over the speed limit and all that did even slightly were stopped by the state patrol who were littered across the interstate like rats.

Once you crossed the state line into Louisiana it was like the NASCAR yellow flag went green.

Uh, that's because the daytime speed limit in texas is like 80 in parts, whereas louisiana it drops off to 65 and slower in parts. I basically kept my cruise control at 80 and didn't change it when I went over the state line.

I like 70-80. It's a good speed. I'll speed to around 70 if the SL is 65, but you won't catch me speeding to 90 or 100 in those parts of Texas.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

True, but the Junction town is VERY, VERY bad. I've driven through the town a few times and I always manage to see a couple of speed traps every time. IMO I-35 isn't as bad though as I-10.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Uh, that's because the daytime speed limit in texas is like 80 in parts, whereas louisiana it drops off to 65 and slower in parts. I basically kept my cruise control at 80 and didn't change it when I went over the state line.

I like 70-80. It's a good speed. I'll speed to around 70 if the SL is 65, but you won't catch me speeding to 90 or 100 in those parts of Texas.

What I think Snake meant to say is that the speed limit isn't as enforced in Louisiana as opposed to Texas, hence more reasoning to drive faster.

Either way, why can't the roads be like Southern California, where 65mph really means 85.

snake020

Contributor

Look at those two things and that means 60-65 speed limit for at least half the almost 900 miles across that awful part of I-10.

"65" in Louisiana was like "65" in California, traffic flow closer to 85 and up. I breezed by CHP on I-5 crossing the Oregon border at 85 in a 70, they didn't care. 90+ in New Mexico nobody cared.

AJB37

Either way, why can't the roads be like Southern California, where 65mph really means 85.

Yeah that would be nice... except nobody in So Cal can drive. These people don't seem to understand that the turn signal comes free with their fvcking car, they just merge lanes screaming "make way":icon_rage

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Yeah that would be nice... except nobody in So Cal can drive. These people don't seem to understand that the turn signal comes free with their fvcking car, they just merge lanes screaming "make way":icon_rage

Or they use it after they already start changing lanes... I guess to show you where they were COMING from...

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
Comparing the road + traffic situation in SoCal to anywhere else (except for maybe the Boston Mega-tunnel), I have to say that the driver SA is definitely higher there. There are plenty of folks I know who would need to get "checked out" on SoCal freeways before I'd let them drive me anywhere.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Comparing the road + traffic situation in SoCal to anywhere else (except for maybe the Boston Mega-tunnel), I have to say that the driver SA is definitely higher there. There are plenty of folks I know who would need to get "checked out" on SoCal freeways before I'd let them drive me anywhere.

Must be all that smog we've been sucking down our whole lives...

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

after riding a motorcycle on the 10 and 405 in socal, the T-34 wasn't so bad. :eek: