• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sounds like change is coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Whatever happened to being responsible for the choices you make? I for one believe one chooses to be homosexual or heterosexual. The reason I believe that is because I think that the environment you grow up in and the type of social groups you associate with affect your sexuality.

My main basis for this is a factual example of a set of identical twins who I personally know. One is straight and one is gay. The straight guy is actually now married. As we know they're genetically identical save for those fingerprints. So the only explanation that I have for the difference in sexual orientation is the environment that each of them grew up and the groups that they CHOSE to be a part of.

Until someone explains that anomaly I'm going to continue to say that it's a choice and if you choose to separate yourself from societal norms then you should be willing to accept the consequences of that choice.

I'm not a proponent of simply doling out whatever the minorities want because they bitch and moan. And before I hear a civil rights argument relating to blacks remember that black people don't choose to be black. But then I'm assuming there is going to be an argument that says it's genetic. I've got ammo for that fight too.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Jackass said:
I've seen quite a few articles/studies from publications like Nature about homosexuality being influenced by genetics and other biological factors. If I recall correctly I've even seen a study about twin brothers.

Not sure how or why the reason for the homosexuality (not that I even really care), but I worked with two twin brothers who were gay.

LOSLOAR

don't bring your coffee to FOD walk
whatever

I've finished and got my wings, so thanks AW for the gouge and all that. I'm sure of my banning after this but I don't really care. Call me an old fashioned, beer drinkin' good ole boy, but i can't stand fags and I don't give a damn what anybody thinks.

When did society start telling me how to think:
I get that it's (largely) a generational thing, but talk about being behind the times.

People used to say the same thing about blacks, women, jews, and probably every other minority out there.

.......what a homo

there's your sensitivity training

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jackass said:
Do you think homosexuality is socially accepted?

It has become much more so recently, most military members apparently think that gays should be allowed to serve.

But it doesn't mean that we have to like it. As I already said, the military is NOT a social experiment, nor should it be at the forefront of societal change - the fact that even the most liberal states cannot get gay marriage laws to pass shows that this is not commensurate with what general society feels.

Gay marriage and allowing gays to serve are not the same issue. With the exception of some private and religious organizations and the military I don't believe anyone can discriminate against gays in hiring or firing, even the rest of the federal government cannot. So while there may not be widespread support for gay marriage there is widespread support for allowing gays to serve.

Jackass said:
Next year, if things change, how would people feel being in the locker room with LCpl Shmuckatelli, whether he was "looking" or not. How about the in the field? or in berthing on a ship? etc....

You'll deal with it, simple as that. It is likely going to happen, whether you are comfortable enough with it or not.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've finished and got my wings, so thanks AW for the gouge and all that. I'm sure of my banning after this but I don't really care. Call me an old fashioned, beer drinkin' good ole boy, but i can't stand fags and I don't give a damn what anybody thinks.

You better check that attitude at the door if they do let gays serve openly because you will give a damn if you continue to show a lack of professionalism and are shown the door.

When most other posters on this thread have demonstrated the ability to have a mature and professional discussion, what is your problem?

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
'
yet another lines up for the gay parade
Remarks like this shorten the life-span of threads; try to be respectful.

(Yes, I am a mod, a status achieved through Affirmative Action as the Webmaster needed a token Coastie to get federal funding)

biograd06

Princess of the Pulpmill
So i have a question in regards to this topic...

How common is it that homosexual behavior occurs while deployed? As someone stated earlier, men in prison typically start looking for "alternatives" when they no longer have access to women...is this common on a ship? And is it one of those "desperate times call for desperate measures" things where it doesn't happen except when deployed?

Now obviously this situation does occur, but it's one of those things that EVERYONE knows but no one talks about. Just mere curiosity, it's my psych minor kicking in....

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
How common is it that homosexual behavior occurs while deployed? As someone stated earlier, men in prison typically start looking for "alternatives" when they no longer have access to women...is this common on a ship? And is it one of those "desperate times call for desperate measures" things where it doesn't happen except when deployed?

100% of the time, if it's a sub. 100 men go down, 50 couples come back up.

i crack myself up.

Gilley

Second, gay sex is not explicitly a human behavior. MANY species of animals participate. It is NOT therefore, un-natural.

They do it to show dominance among one another, so basically its another way of fighting. Totally different and very un-natural, its kind of like a fat free beer, Yeah its there, people see it and know its there, but you don't just grab it, and you sure as hell don't let people know your drinking one. If one of your friends likes fat free beer, then thats cool you just don't go drinking with him.

FlyinRock

And I am not ashamed of hugging old friends and shedding tears, nor am I ashamed to cry with my son. I admittedly cry at funerals and can't stand it when they play Taps for old shipmates. Once upon a time I thought it was umanly to show emotion in public. Took a lot of years before I finally said fuckit and did so without regard for who was offended. In uniform or not.
Anyone who knows me can certainly say I am not worried about my need to be politically correct or worried about my manhood.
Semper Fi
Rocky

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
How common is it that homosexual behavior occurs while deployed?

On submarines? Never and I have never heard of it happening.

Carriers might be different based on the fact that they are massive and that there have been documented cases of male-on-female "relations."

100% of the time, if it's a sub. 100 men go down, 50 couples come back up.

I would expect a better joke from an aviator, but then, I realized that a) you are not aviator qualified and b) I have accumulated more time taking a dump at test-depth than you have in the Navy. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.