• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sounds like change is coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roosterj

Was just about to post on this!!!

The day I find two guys going at it in a fan space I will puke, and then make them clean it up.

I just have some hypothetical questions.

Can a Homosexual sailor now get family separation if he is married or has a civil union?

I know the Marine Core does not let unmarried troops live out in town. Will this change?

Will their significant other get Tricare?

Bevo16

pilot
Since when did Clinton 'enact' it? It was a law passed by Congress and signed by him, but he certainly was not alone in 'enacting' it.

I think that "ratified" is the word that they were looking for.

I wonder how Obama is going to alter Article 125 of the UCMJ. Is that something that the President has authority to do?

KBayDog

Let's keep this thread clean.

Intelligent discussion/debate only, or the thread will be shut down.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No doubt there will be some issues and some awkwardness when this policy changes, but that doesn't necessarily mean the policy shouldn't be changed. After all, there were issues with the integration of blacks and women. Sex and sexual discussion doesn't belong in the military workplace, so when these issues come up, hopefully we can act as professionals and treat the issues like we would with straight individuals. If I find a male and a female having sex in a fan room, I would be just as pissed off if I found two guys going at it.

nugget61

pilot
Have they said if they would limit duties based upon orientation? I mean, if females can't serve on subs I don't see how they could be stopped from limiting homosexual areas of work.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Which of our allies already allows gays? The Brits do and I think the Aussies do as well. Any others?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think that "ratified" is the word that they were looking for.

I wonder how Obama is going to alter Article 125 of the UCMJ. Is that something that the President has authority to do?

I find it interesting that Article 125 is still on the books, since sodomy laws were struck down by the Supreme Court in Lawrence v. Texas. The United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces has said that the case applies to Article 125, though they have upheld two convictions since then.

I would presume that whatever law they pass allowing gays to serve would also get rid of or alter Article 125. A less permanent solution would be to choose not to prosecute cases under that Article. That would likely be only an interim change though, I think it will likely become permanent.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I thought the Israelis did but wasn't sure. Honestly, it's bound to happen eventually. Obviously there will be growing pains as noted already. Personally, I welcome it. If someone wants to serve in the military and is willing to give their life and sacrifice and put in the work, more power to them.

H60Gunner

Contributor
It could definitely make berthing assignments interesting.

I had the same "interest" during the first Oboclinton adminstration.

Under the "change" we would have mens berthing, womens berthing and a seperate berthing for those who don't know. Schweet!

Although I did ask one of my female pilots if she thought co-ed (and whatever) berthing was cool and she said yup. I then asked her if it would be ok for me to shower with her, you know, in a plutonic kind of way......

Status
Not open for further replies.