• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sensitivity Training for Marines

Treetop Flyer

pilot
At least you're approaching this logically and un-emotionally.
walter06.jpg

I'm perfectly calm, dude.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
They cynic in me tells me that what is being discussed here isn't about accomplishing goals, at least not as they pertain to operational mission accomplishment. There may be very different goals that are in play here though.

This.

War is politics by other means - both international and domestic. The military may be less effective but if it helps one political party implement a domestic agenda and maintain power, then so be it. Likewise, a weapon system is judged as much for the number of jobs it provides to selected districts as well as the profits to its shareholders.

As for standards, they are never lowered, just "made relevant" until the desired agenda is achieved.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
At least you're approaching this logically and un-emotionally.

When you are in tune with the very real consequences of two combatants doing everything they can to shoot each other in the dome and all the mental and physical requirements that achieve that end state you'd probably be piss too. The fact that literally 95% of congress and political lobbyists who pushed this agenda have not served, let alone experienced a combat environment, nor educated themselves in a profession of arms, are making decisions that they have no context to base the consequence of said decision is a huge issue. That's a problem for this experiment called democracy and will result in people getting killed. You can apply this situation to many other facets of our government as well. There is no such thing called equality when individuals are trying to kill each other.

It is much akin to pushing females through flight school or FRS with "extra training" where male counterparts would receive no such leniency and be pushed aside to meet a certain "female" or "diversity" PTR goal.

You can mitigate aircrew with certain actions (crew pairing, pipeline selection, IAs, selective scheduling) but there is no such ability to do that as a grunt without reducing capability. Policy or not - it's pretty stupid.