• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Sen Tuberville and Appointment Delays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirage

pilot
If that’s your standard, then the government shouldn’t be paying for any expenses related to having children at all, which is 100% a personal decision, right?

Per CDC, there is a 16% chance of serious complications during pregnancy, and a 12% chance of serious complications during childbirth.
Paying for childbirth through healthcare is very different than paying for travel to get a procedure that's not even covered by their health benefits (like IVF).

Per CDC, there is a 100% chance of loss of life in abortions. The woman's life is worth no more than her unborn baby. The only difference is age. If ones goal then is to do the least harm, then guaranteed death trumps your off chances of whatever they define as "serious complications" that are not death.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
This thread raises an interesting question (to me, at least).

California has a ‘gun roster’ that limits the types and brands of guns an ordinary person, including military, can buy.

Using me as an example, as a Florida resident I can drive to Florida and buy a Sig P365 from a dealer. I can’t buy that same gun from a dealer in California.

Can I now ask the DoD to fund my travel to Florida so I can fully exercise my 2A rights?

Obviously not the same as the abortion debate. The comments about servicemembers being restricted in rights based upon where they are stationed made me think about what other situations could apply.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Paying for childbirth through healthcare is very different than paying for travel to get a procedure that's not even covered by their health benefits (like IVF).

Per CDC, there is a 100% chance of loss of life in abortions. The woman's life is worth no more than her unborn baby. The only difference is age. If ones goal then is to do the least harm, then guaranteed death trumps your off chances of whatever they define as "serious complications" that are not death.
Again, wish you would address the issue instead of creating another red herring.

Would you allow me to decide whether or not you get a medical procedure that would eliminate a 16% risk that you would lose sight in one eye? We already know the answer to that question. You would never, ever consent to such a proposition. This is what you are insisting that women do.

Reminds me of a meme I saw the other day….

“Remember, your religious beliefs constrain YOU. They do not constrain ME.”

robav8r

None
Contributor
That would be pro-choice legislation (aka pro-abortion to the pro-life side) and as such would be seen as a non-starter by one side.
No, that would be common sense and rational. But we both know those qualities don't exist in our current Congressional/Senatorial/Executive administration.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Again, wish you would address the issue instead of creating another red herring.

Would you allow me to decide whether or not you get a medical procedure that would eliminate a 16% risk that you would lose sight in one eye? We already know the answer to that question. You would never, ever consent to such a proposition. This is what you are insisting that women do.

Reminds me of a meme I saw the other day….

“Remember, your religious beliefs constrain YOU. They do not constrain ME.”
Brett,

As an active duty service member, you "should" be afforded any and all benefits and health care options that are deemed necessary and appropriate for military readiness. Abortion should be available to ALL women that are categorized as having a legitimate medical/health care need. DoD should not fund, or support, women (and men) that choose to fuck like rabbits and want an abortion option as defect birth control. Does that make sense to you?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Brett,

As an active duty service member, you "should" be afforded any and all benefits and health care options that are deemed necessary and appropriate for military readiness. Abortion should be available to ALL women that are categorized as having a legitimate medical/health care need. DoD should not fund, or support, women (and men) that choose to fuck like rabbits and want an abortion option as defect birth control. Does that make sense to you?

But a pregnant woman isn't medically ready or worldwide deployable. An abortion would make her so.

robav8r

None
Contributor
But a pregnant woman isn't medically ready or worldwide deployable. An abortion would make her so.
Maybe, based on her family planning decisions, she shouldn't be in the military at all. No . . . . ?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Maybe, based on her family planning decisions, she shouldn't be in the military at all. No . . . . ?

My sister in law has an ultrasound that shows both her IUD and her third child.

My wife got pregnant while on hormonal birth control, which was taken properly, shortly before we were married.

My sister in law gave birth to our nephew; my wife had an abortion. Both were the absolute proper decision in each of their circumstances. My sister in law was established as a judge in immigration law in Phoenix. My wife was in her first year at Virginia Stage Company in Norfolk as an equity stage manager.

The idea that it's the woman's fault that birth control failed is absolutely rude, inappropriate, and unacceptable. When birth control fails, it's no one's fault. And don't say, "well they shouldn't be having sex then." There to more to sex that procreation. At least, there is to those of us who enjoy being intimate with another person.

robav8r

None
Contributor
My sister in law has an ultrasound that shows both her IUD and her third child.

My wife got pregnant while on hormonal birth control, which was taken properly, shortly before we were married.

My sister in law gave birth to our nephew; my wife had an abortion. Both were the absolute proper decision in each of their circumstances. My sister in law was established as a judge in immigration law in Phoenix. My wife was in her first year at Virginia Stage Company in Norfolk as an equity stage manager.

The idea that it's the woman's fault that birth control failed is absolutely rude, inappropriate, and unacceptable. When birth control fails, it's no one's fault. And don't say, "well they shouldn't be having sex then." There to more to sex that procreation. At least, there is to those of us who enjoy being intimate with another person.
Dude - fucking stop. My wife had two abortions and had to say goodbye to our twin son who passed in the first trimester before he was born. You are being emotionally and intellectually dishonest. Just, fucking STOP. Abortion is necessary, and should be AVAILABLE to anyone who needs it - legitimately. 3% of the demographic is responsible for 30% of all abortions nationwide. Does that sit well with you? Shouldn't a developed nation do everything in its power to discourage unnecessary abortions of unborn children? Grow the fuck up . . .

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Dude - fucking stop. My wife had two abortions and had to say goodbye to our twin son who passed in the first trimester before he was born. You are being emotionally and intellectually dishonest. Just, fucking STOP. Abortion is necessary, and should be AVAILABLE to anyone who needs it - legitimately. 3% of the demographic is responsible for 30% of all abortions nationwide. Does that sit well with you? Shouldn't a developed nation do everything in its power to discourage unnecessary abortions of unborn children? Grow the fuck up . . .

What? Emotional? Because I said something was inappropriate?

You insinuated that a woman who got pregnant in the military shouldn't be in the military.

robav8r

None
Contributor
What? Emotional? Because I said something was inappropriate?

You insinuated that a woman who got pregnant in the military shouldn't be in the military.
No. I said a women who uses the military health care system as their birth control, routinely, should be limited/controlled/prohibited. Dude - how much time have you actually served ???

Status
Not open for further replies.