• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sen. Schumer gas for electric car trade in program?

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Its a great time to buy a Tesla - and I would in no way wave off anyone considering it. A software defined vehicle is sooo wonderous. Dedicated knobs and buttons for anything seem - well an anachronism.

I'm about to do a Cincy to Boston road trip - I look forward to seeing how it goes.
Even though modern ICE cars may have computers, a “software defined vehicle” sounds as soul-less as prefering tofu to baby back ribs, as antiseptic as a Casio digital watch to an Omega Seamaster.

I agree with Random, I do not want touchscreen and menus upon sub-menus - I prefer just a few knobs and switches. My Hemi Ram has 3 knobs for the a/c & heat, 2 knobs for the radio (with a few touchscreen buttons to find favorite SiriusXM stations. Done.

To each their own; unfortunately the EPA’s new regulations are killing such famed engines as the Supercharged Hellcat V-8 to appease the green lobby. That said, my bucketlist has me purchasing the car I had in college / flightschool, Darth Vader’s ride itself, a 1987 Buick Regal Grand National. (of course, it will have T-Tops)

There are plenty of other battery chemistries waiting to be exploited. With more money to be made from batteries, more investment pursue them.

This is a cool one, for the grid instead of cars. Iron and Oxygen, of which there is plenty of.

Aluminum and sea water make a high density power source too.

There is too much money to be made here, for the problem to go unsolved.
We will see if it works - and if it leaves us as dependent on China for the refined metals and battery chemistry as we were on the Middle East for oil. What could possibly go wrong…

Random8145

Even though modern ICE cars may have computers, a “software defined vehicle” sounds as soul-less as prefering tofu to baby back ribs, as antiseptic as a Casio digital watch to an Omega Seamaster.

To each their own; unfortunately the EPA’s new regulations are killing such famed engines as the Supercharged Hellcat V-8 to appease the green lobby.
I understand the killing of big V8s (and V10s and V12s) as smog and pollution is a major problem in the big cities. I used to get sick feeling breathing that in Philadelphia back in the 90s as a kid. But yes I agree, EVs and vehicles with small engine-turbocharger-8/10/12-speed transmission combos don't have the same soul. For example, NASCAR with electric motors...?

I kinda view it like with trains. Nothing matches the soul of a steam locomotive, but from a practicality standpoint, electric and diesel-electric are far superior. I also wish zeppelins would make a comeback, giant airships that can dock at the top of skyscrapers are awesome. But again, not practical.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
No, cats are an invasive species. The amount of take attributed to wind turbines is a rounding error compared to house cats.
This is true. My cat is a serial killer of birds. Even with a warning bell on that monster can pull a small bird from take off.

exNavyOffRec

No, cats are an invasive species. The amount of take attributed to wind turbines is a rounding error compared to house cats.
I am not a fan of cats being allowed to roam free except in certain circumstances, they do harm to the bird species and I am tired of seeing post of "my cat is missing, my child misses her/his cat", well your cat is not coming back it has become food for a variety of predators where we live.

If you own a cat where I live and you let it outside you don't own a pet, you own a food source.

Random8145

I am not a fan of cats being allowed to roam free except in certain circumstances, they do harm to the bird species and I am tired of seeing post of "my cat is missing, my child misses her/his cat", well your cat is not coming back it has become food for a variety of predators where we live.

If you own a cat where I live and you let it outside you don't own a pet, you own a food source.
Where is it you live that cats are easy prey? Sounds like humans might be too...?

taxi1

pilot
We will see if it works - and if it leaves us as dependent on China for the refined metals and battery chemistry as we were on the Middle East for oil. What could possibly go wrong…
We’ve got all the iron we could ever need. Or aluminum, if they figure that one out.

Anything that corrodes is potential battery material.

Random8145

One of the funnier things on the internet.

While I'm assuming the funny part is the woman is too stupid to realize she's being trolled, cats can be very loving animals. I had one for a pet that died about six years ago at nineteen years-old and he was an extremely loving and intelligent animal. Losing a pet can be extremely upsetting if one has grown close to it. So I don't really like the guy's trolling her about it.

Here is an old one I like:

The Dog's Diary
8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat's Diary
Day 983 of My Captivity
My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...

Last edited:

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Where is it you live that cats are easy prey? Sounds like humans might be too...?
Any neighborhood that might contain a large dog. DON'T let your cats roam free! If they wonder into the wrong backyard a large dog can kill a cat in 3-5 seconds. I have seen it happen.