• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Self Defense stories

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks for telling me which house to burglarize if I want to get my hands on guns.

/I'll stick with my ADT sign, thanks.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Thanks for telling me which house to rob if I want to get my hands on guns.

/I'll stick with my ADT sign, thanks.
Squeeze, I suspect you don’t want to “rob” OSUbeaver’s house because in order to “rob” his house, somebody has to be there … if you are gonna “burglarize” his house, that’s a different story.

Me, well, I’ll stick to both, ADT & a gun…

SF

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Squeeze, I suspect you don’t want to “rob” OSUbeaver’s house because in order to “rob” his house, somebody has to be there … if you are gonna “burglarize” his house, that’s a different story.

Me, well, I’ll stick to both, ADT & a gun…

SF

fixed... and I have both, but I prefer to advertise only one.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
Well at least its not this sign...

Yard_sign.jpg

Reactions: m26

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
My brother made a sign for his drive way that says, "If my rottweiler doesn't eat your face, my Mossberg will."

OSUbeaver

Time to musk up
pilot
I never thought I would get so many replies addressing the cons of such a sign. I do not actually have such a sign. It was just a funny sign/picture that I thought you all would enjoy. The "I just put this out in front of my house" was just a good lead in to the picture rather than "hey look at this". Also, the "nextdoor neighbor no guns" pic is a repost of the one I posted on the "going to California" thread weeks ago but is definitely worth spreading around. :D

Bevo16

pilot
I was at home for the second break-in, albeit I was sleeping. That is what concerns me. The cops around here don't care (although I know the chief of police personally from CAP) which is no help. I do leave in a little over a month, but I do think some sort of weapon is a good idea.

Thanks for the replies all!!! It has helped!

@Bevo, I will give $150 to St. Jude if Texas has a better record than OSU this season (even though I will miss most of the season at OCS), and $50 if the Bucks are better.

Nick

Hey Nick, hopefully you are done with OCS, as our wager has run it's course. As they say in poker, Texas has "the nuts" at 12-0.

N9148Q

Contributor
I got robbed over the holiday.

Ok so came home from visting family to find my house totaly torn apart and most of my valuables gone. First thing I did was to go check on the gun cabinet and luckily everything was in place and the perps did not bother messing with it. For some reason I picked up my shotgun and carried it with me to check the damage. After a walk around the house I went out to check on the garage (gun in hand) when I opened the door I found it to was torn apart and at the point I starting yelling a few choice words only to be answered by drop the weapon etc. by the police. Turns out my neighbor thought I was robbing my house and called the cops.(Where was he when I really needed him?) Thankfully I didnt get startled and turn around and shoot. Anyways moral of this story is I got a lecture from the cop about not shooting an intruder. Apperently in Alabama or atleast in Madison county you cant shoot an intruder unless they have a deadly weapon and impose a danger to you. WTF who is going to wait to see if an intuder intends to use his gun or not????? As I recall rule of thumb is dont pull a gun unless you intend on really using it. So I suppose you may want to consider all this. Soon as I get a chance I am going to see how true all of this is so if anyone is considering getting a gun for protection I will have to agree with the others make sure you check all your state laws first so you know what you can and cant do. Also make sure all of your paper work is 100% in order cause the police are going to check into it and the gun better be in your name. Oh and after 2 days of cleaning up my perosnal belongings and making a list of all that is missing I really wish I had found the guy who did it and shot him regardless!!:icon_rage