• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Self Defense stories

Flugelman

Contributor
Kind of a "FEET DON'T FAIL ME NOW!!!" moment. Those assholes sure were fast... :icon_tong

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Notice that the nasty black weapon of mass destruction assault rifle didn't help the bad guys much.

Only hits count

navy09

None
Notice that the nasty black weapon of mass destruction assault rifle didn't help the bad guys much.

Only hits count

Seriously. I want to know what the homeowner was packing. Hard to see with this resolution, but it didn't seem like a very large caliber. He probably came out shooting and didn't wait for them to engage him. Great job!

AJB37

I could be completely wrong, but from the video it seems like this wasn't a random attempt at some B&E. Which leads me to believe that the thugs knew the owner or resident of the house. Also, most thugs wouldn't attack the house with an assault rifle, unless they had reason to believe that the resident also had some heavy fire power. Given that the neighborhood doesn't look all that upscale I would venture to say that they may have been attacking a rival gang member of drug dealer. This is just my opinion from the video.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
Yeah, most people don't have two security cameras outside their home. Especially a gang member.

Bevo16

pilot
That kind of shit scares me out of my mind. I live about 15 miles away from the down-town area of on of the highest crime rate cities in the country. The crappier the economy gets the more desperate these kinds of thugs are going to become, and the more common attacks like this are going to be. These people who pulled the invasion are obviously did not live next door.

Keep you doors locked and teach your women to shoot. We can be armed, but none of us are home with our loved ones when this shit is likley to happen.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
That kind of shit scares me out of my mind. I live about 15 miles away from the down-town area of on of the highest crime rate cities in the country. The crappier the economy gets the more desperate these kinds of thugs are going to become, and the more common attacks like this are going to be. These people who pulled the invasion are obviously did not live next door.

Keep you doors locked and teach your women to shoot. We can be armed, but none of us are home with our loved ones when this shit is likley to happen.

Yup. If they want in they are going to get in. I think the key is making it hard enough and noisy enough so that you have time to respond to the threat.

I absolutely agree that if you have weapons in the house everyone in the house that's old enough knows how to use said weapons.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Seriously. I want to know what the homeowner was packing. Hard to see with this resolution, but it didn't seem like a very large caliber. He probably came out shooting and didn't wait for them to engage him. Great job!

I may be wrong but it looked like a long gun throwing a small fast moving round. Something like an AR etc. You'd have to be DAMN good to shoot a group that size with a pistol under serious stress. Also from what I've seen slow moving pistol rounds make more of a mess going thru auto glass.

One of our resident LEO's would probably have a very good guess as to what they were shooting.

GroundPounder

You would be surprised at the number of people that have recorded CCTV coverage of their homes. It used to be more common at the very high end and those engaged in illegal enterprise, but has filtered up and down to regular people. I've seen an increase in the amount of overt vs. covert systems in the past few years.

The upside is that you might be able to use it as evidence against someone tht is doing you harm. The downside is that the same sysyem might be used against you, should you have to defend yourself. Most of the time you'll be fine, and you'll get the benift of the doubt, but nothing is 100%.