• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

rutherfj

This is mainly addressed to Marine sna's in primary; you'll find this interesting. Back before I selected the whole game was a huge mystery, and as it turns out, there is someone who knows the answer. Just last week I was in the TW2 stucon office and low and behold there is a huge sort of tracking calendar on the wall with the exact number of K-rock marine jet slots per week projected out through the end of the fiscal year and a bit into the next. After asking a few questions, it appears that the 'draft' in its present form has been on since the begining of fy 03. The only explanation for a week to week dry spell for marines is a lack of anyone selecting with over a 55 NSS (the minimum for Kingsville TS). If you're doing well and actually want to fly strike - not everyone does, and that's ok - don't sweat it. I sure wish somebody had told me this about 5 months ago...

airwinger

pilot
Jjriv,
About 3 months ago right before selection 3 of us from VT-3 we were talking to the XO of VT-6 and the senior Marine at TW-5 and they both stated that the draft is in line to continue for a while. It seems that despite the draft they've been having problems getting enough winged jet guys so they're going to keep stuffing the pipeline. Interestingly enough, all three of us got jets.
semper fi,
airwinger

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
censored_125.gif

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
Well, I just found out that I am heading to Meridian to fly the T-45C. So long VT-28 and Corpus Christi.

Dave

vballindaytona

Dave,

CONGRATS man. it is always fun to see people that have been on this site from the very beginning do great and get what they want. good job.

jonathan

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
Hey Dave, Jackson here, congrats on getting jets, keeping the VT-28 tradition up! Good luck in Meridian, say hi to Dick Daly for me.

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
Thanks!

Good luck with the Air Farce training as well. Dont let those guys get you down. I'll tell him you said hi.

Pap,

I'll call you when I get there.

Dave

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
i heard from an IP when I was at BOLTC that they're getting rid of the 1-5 point system and replacing it with the (unsat, fair, good, excellent) system. Where eventually on your checkride you'll have to get all excellents to move on. He said they would figure out your NSS score from those somehow.

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
1=Demo
2=Unsat
3=Fair
4=Good
5=Excellent

And I don't think that a 5 or excellent will ever be mif for your checkride. 99% of the studs would fail.

Dave

wjgeorge

Just wondering if there is an easy way to estimate your NSS based on your flights. Maybe one of you who just selected could let us in on how many aboves you had total and what your NSS turned out to be.

Thanks

fnewton

Three part:

1. As per VT-6 CO P-3s will be around for a while. They have not found a suitable replacement yet.

2. Jet draft. Two weeks ago a sailor got Meridian ts with a 50.1 NSS. Once again last week all VT-6 selectees got their first choice. All Marines, if you want jets, and you have above a 50 it looks like you're in. But, ...

3. I've heard the attrition rate for Marines in advanced jets is not pretty. I start in Meridian on Oct 14...standing by for countless study hours.

AfterburnerX10

I know this question has been answered every which way but I am an aeronatical engineering major at RPI and want to fly jets for the navy more than anything. This whole needs of the navy stuff scares the **** out of me because i almost flat out refuse to fly helos/props etc. Would a score of 53 or above give me close to a guarantee of getting jets or should i take my chances in the air force.

Status
Not open for further replies.