• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Seeking advice on that first handgun or next weapon purchase? Ask AW!

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
What kind of holster do you have? Its too heavy for a hip holster, it pulls your pants down, especially if its fully loaded. Its too big to conceal really down by your ankle unless you have really baggy pant legs. (And I meant too big if your planning to carry on a regular basis, fine for every once in a while. I'd recommend a 9mm or similar for carrying often).

I use a blackhawk SERPA Paddle holster, so long as you wear a good belt it's fine. I'm a small guy and have no problem concealing it.

'Course if given the option and I know i'll be going someplace that I know I wont be taking my jacket off, I wear a shoulder holster.

Been looking for a good IWB holster if anyone has any pointers.

(BTW the blackhawk holster is the SHIT! just saying)

MasterBates

Yep. I was carrying that night, but it was in the bag because it was warm and I ditched my cover shirt. I remember your dog and his antics well.

MasterBates

Mine is a Springfield Armory P9707.

Semi-Loaded Doublestack. No longer made

It's a standard size (5") save the mag. It's 45ACP. It's not that much wider than the single stacks because of REALLY thin grips.

They do make a GI (old Mil_Spec) version now.

poprlj

I carry Colt Officers Model (1911) which has been modified by Wilson Combat in a Milt Sparks inside your pants holster. Highly recomend the combination. I have several 1911 types: a Para Ordance P-13 (Comander size, 13 round mag.), A Colt Mod 70 1911, and an old 1930's Colt 1911.

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
I carry Colt Officers Model (1911) which has been modified by Wilson Combat in a Milt Sparks inside your pants holster. Highly recomend the combination. I have several 1911 types: a Para Ordance P-13 (Comander size, 13 round mag.), A Colt Mod 70 1911, and an old 1930's Colt 1911.
Uhhhh... Isn't that called a cup?

(btw- I think this thread is slightly hot, and I'm not sure why... Something about CC Firearms...)
p.s. You do NOT need a gun, AircrewIns... just shout them to death!

UpstateSouthpaw

On to Whiting North
A buddy of mine has a Kimber 1911, It's a really nice gun but it is really fussy about the ammo you put in it. You could feed just about anything through my Glock though. :)

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
My TO weapon in the Marine Corps was at times a 1911. I qualified expert with it 3 years in a row. I've owned 1911's in a Series 70 Colt, a Kimber and an Ed Brown Special Forces. The Ed Brown is my all time favorite pistol and that says a lot.

Even so the pistol I keep on my night stand is a Glock 21SF.