• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Seeking advice on that first handgun or next weapon purchase? Ask AW!

Bevo16

pilot
Excellent work! That's a great price for a NM rifle, especially with two 20rd mags---those mags are expensive!!!

You're going to absolutely love it.

The rifle was actually $1720 and I paid $100 for the mags. They are Springfield Factory mags, and had a $62 price tag on each of them. The gun shop that I have been a very good customer of (I brought a friend today who bought a $550 handgun) knows me, and I have a good relationship with one of the salesmen.

They sell tax free when you pay cash, so that $1720 was the "out the door" price. When I was buying the gun, he noticed some extra C notes did not go his way, so he did his best to get 1 more out of me. It worked. Good deal though.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I also have to keep an eye out for who is planting car bombs in Memphis.

Yea buddy and now you will be able to shoot THROUGH the car to get to the bad guys. They will have to learn the difference between cover and concealment if they mess with you. That or die.

A mouse gun won't do that for you.

Check your PM I sent you some links for mil surp ammo etc.

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
This one is mine:

The one with me was taken by my 4 year old, and I am not as grumpy or fat as I look in that picture. Honest.

Thanks A4's

I thought you might give me crap for getting the synthetic stock instead of wood. They shipped that one to Houston about 4 hours before I made it through the door.

I have to apologize if my computer is jacked up, but does the picture of this look blue to anyone?

FYI: If you'd like a great scope mount I'd look into an A.R.M.S. scope mount. It has a channel milled out that allows you to co-witness your iron sights with your scope/ACOG. Ammo? Always Federal and maybe reloads with Sierra Match Kings. INVEST IN A BORESNAKE!

H60Gunner

Contributor
You can't go wrong with that (M1A) Bevo. National Match Barrel to boot! NICE!

Zombies don't stand a chance! Have fun shooin' it....

Bevo16

pilot
I have to apologize if my computer is jacked up, but does the picture of this look blue to anyone?

Does it look like I spend my money on the latest in digital camera technology? :icon_tong

My priorities are just fine thank you. :D

sodajones

Combat Engineer
Very nice!

You shouldn't have any problems on the range, but if you do regarding ftf/fte I would replace the extractor. While most Springfields work great out of the box, some of them have had faulty extractors. You can find cheap usgi extractors online. Now go buy some ammo and take her to the range!

Bevo16

pilot
Very nice!

You shouldn't have any problems on the range, but if you do regarding ftf/fte I would replace the extractor. While most Springfields work great out of the box, some of them have had faulty extractors. You can find cheap usgi extractors online. Now go buy some ammo and take her to the range!

I could not resist the temptation any longer, so I rigged a makshift backstop in my back yard and warned the neighbors that it was going to get a little noisy. My land backs up to a pine tree farm and miles of woods, so safety was not an issue. The nice old jewish lady next door pooping herself was the only real concern.

I only fired 3 rounds at 75 yards. The first one was about 5 inches off, but the next two were 1 inch and 1 1/2 inches from dead center. I have never fired anything that was sighted in that well from basic factory settings. I am going to wait until I get to a better range until I really let go.

I have plenty of .308 ammo right now. I have a Remington 7400 that I (used to) deer hunt with. It's for sale now if anyone is interested. It's a budget set up with a Simmons scope with Weaver mounts. A good shooter though in really good shape, and sighted in at 200 yards.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
This one is mine:

The one with me was taken by my 4 year old, and I am not as grumpy or fat as I look in that picture. Honest.

Thanks A4's

I thought you might give me crap for getting the synthetic stock instead of wood. They shipped that one to Houston about 4 hours before I made it through the door.

Why are the Horns covered by your rifle?

C'mon Bevo I thought you knew better than that! :D

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
You said it has the GI rear sights? So it's not the Hooded sight? Sounds like you got the Loaded version which makes your purchase sound like a great buy regardless of the market. Just thought I would ask after you sighted it in. I wanna say 5 in. at 74 yds is about par for the course. Mine was about 5 MOA off at 100 for FZO. The long sight radius and NM barrel will make the deviation disappear in no time.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
There is a lot of great data on the web for sighting in an M1A so I won't go there except to say that once you get a 100 yard zero all you have to remember is how many clicks you come up for a given range.

A good rule of thumb is:

From a 100 yard zero come up 2 minutes for 200 yards.
From a 200 yard zero come up 3 minutes for 300 yards.
From a 300 yard zero come up 7 minutes for 500 yards.
From a 300 yard zero come up 11 minutes for 600 yards.
From a 500 yard zero come up 4 minutes for 600 yards.

Those are pretty close for me although I've never shot any of mine at 600 yrds.

The 100 yrd zero seems to vary a good bit from weapon to weapon. I've had two that were dead nuts on at 8 clicks (1 MOA sights) and another that was 12 clicks for 100 yrds. The come ups will vary from weapon to weapon as well but not by as much.

Bevo16

pilot
You said it has the GI rear sights? So it's not the Hooded sight? Sounds like you got the Loaded version which makes your purchase sound like a great buy regardless of the market. Just thought I would ask after you sighted it in. I wanna say 5 in. at 74 yds is about par for the course. Mine was about 5 MOA off at 100 for FZO. The long sight radius and NM barrel will make the deviation disappear in no time.

The rear sights are "GI Match Grade, non-hooded, 1/2 minute for windage and one minute for elevation".

I honestly don't know the difference between a "hooded" or "not hooded" sight.

I think that the shot that was 5 inches out had more to do with my not knowing exactly when the rifle was going to say "bang" that the sights being off. If any of you have some acreage in west Tennessee that you would like to host me on, I will be more than happy to find out for sure.

Even though I paid a little more than I would have a year ago, I am perfectly satisfied with the price that I paid. It's hard to say that I overpaid when all of the auctions are going higher than what I shelled out, and all of the sites that have lower prices are sold out. You can't say that you can "get it for a better price" if the place with the better listed price can't provide you with the rifle.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
The rear sights are "GI Match Grade, non-hooded, 1/2 minute for windage and one minute for elevation".

I honestly don't know the difference between a "hooded" or "not hooded" sight.

A hooded sight has a little hood over it to keep sunlight out of the aperture. Sunlight can affect your sight picture.