• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SECNAV to Implement Sweeping Changes

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Again, I'm not talking about changing anything, except who performs it. HN Timmy would do the same thing CFLs do now, enter it in PRIMS, etc; he'd just be trained to do the calipers or some other method that seems to fall in the "more accurate but easier to fuck up" category, and do it enough that he's proficient. In theory. And also again, I don't think having a medical-type person perform a procedure makes it medically sacrosanct.

Hell, we already get our straight-up medical info splashed all over in public. You need an anthrax shot, you're Class 3 dental, etc etc.
We like to nuke things around here. Especially the hypotheticals. :rolleyes: I think it's a great idea.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
20150805_kunetkaoppenheimergroves_630x342.jpg

Way back in the day, when the nation was fighting an existential war, weight control was less important than the ability to get the job done. Name that officer.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The resemblance to Gov. Christie in this pic is remarkable. :) This guy's name is also on a plaque outside the Mall entrance of the Pentagon, commemorating its construction.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I still wonder why the Navy needs CFL's in the first place, the Army guys just tested each other (within reason, not just your buddy but someone in authority) and did fine. I am not sure how they did BCA but their tests were not the productions we have in the Navy, at least with the guys I was stuck with.

magnetfreezer

I still wonder why the Navy needs CFL's in the first place, the Army guys just tested each other (within reason, not just your buddy but someone in authority) and did fine. I am not sure how they did BCA but their tests were not the productions we have in the Navy, at least with the guys I was stuck with.
For a couple years the AF had GS employees at each base to administer the tests - apparently people can be trusted to give checkrides to other AF members but not PT test them. Budget cuts a year or 2 ago got rid of the GS employees; now, each squadron has to detail several airmen each month to the fitness cell to administer PT tests for the whole base (still can't test your own squadron). Makes scheduling interesting.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
For a couple years the AF had GS employees at each base to administer the tests....

Yeah, I remember when the USAF went full stupid on their PT tests to include the civilians. For once the Army wins the common sense battle, shocking!

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
SecDef talking about the Force of the Future.

pull quote: "Defense Secretary Ash Carter told troops and veterans Tuesday that he's looking at some large-scale reforms for the military's personnel system, but he made clear that he feels careers in uniform should remain distinct because not all civilian-sector solutions will fit the military."

snake020

Contributor

Having worked with the RN and RAN, I did like that they had a full time rating for CFLs who were actually in shape. The quality I've seen out of USN CFLs is sketchy.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
"...you're almost presupposing the outcome..." - SECNAV. Hmmm, "we" never do that in the Navy/Marine Corps do we....? But now he's calling shenanigans.

I'm not sure this is the proverbial hill to die on, but only because I'm pretty sure the outcome was preordained. Pick a fight you stand a chance of winning. It's interesting how openly and freely the usually staid Marines are reacting to this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...y-marines-in-gender-integrated-infantry-unit/

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If a political decision has been made to do something, just fucking do it. Don't commission a study if the results are going to potentially be inconvenient to the outcome you desire. This entire thing reeks of JV policy making.