• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SCOTUS affirms gun rights in historic decision

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Chicago City Officials said:
City officials expressed confidence the city would prevail in any court challenge, asserting, among other things, that the 2nd Amendment as part of the Bill of Rights restricts the federal government and does not apply to state and local governments.

How did these people get into a position of power without even having the basic knowledge learned in a high school government class? :icon_rage

Must have been one of those "kinder & gentler" classes where they were more concerned about feeling all warm and fuzzy about eachother's feelings.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot

magnetfreezer

There are only 7 FFL holders in DC, 1 of which is the ATF and 2 of which are theater companies. So, I don't think DC residents are realistically going to be able to buy handguns "legally" and get them shipped to a local FFL anytime soon.

http://www.gunslive.com/dealerlocat...ip=20006&showsurrounding=1&order=id&radius=25

Another DC FFL holder in that search which will probably not get you a cheap transfer is http://www.gunslive.com/dealerlocator/results_details.php?id=111&dist=1 miles

The phone number and name match the executive director and PAO contact number for the Violence Policy Center. Wonder why gun grabbers would need a FFL - maybe he was hedging his financial bets on the outcome of the case:D?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
There are only 7 FFL holders in DC..... I don't think DC residents are realistically going to be able to buy handguns "legally" and get them shipped to a local FFL anytime soon.
How many FFL's do you think it takes?? 10?? 15?? 500??

It only takes one.

And why the "legally" ...?? Is there any other way?? I'm certain you mean ... legally, without the quotation marks.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
How many FFL's do you think it takes?? 10?? 15?? 500??

It only takes one.

And why the "legally" ...?? Is there any other way?? I'm certain you mean ... legally, without the quotation marks.

I meant rather legally with emphasis, not quotation marks.

Not everyone with an FFL will do a transfer for random Joe citizen, and having just a few around makes it likely that they can charge an exorbitant fee.

snake020

Contributor
I love how these tyrant mayors (Daley) are already trying to find new ways to subvert this decision. How do these asshats heep getting re-elected?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It was mentioned before in this thread but three pages ago just isn't frequent enough. This would not have happened if a President Obama where appointing Justices. Justice Stevens is 88 years old!. Justice Ginsburg has some health issues. They are both hanging on for a DEM in the White House. Not only must you vote this November but you must actively participate by talking to friends and neighbors and contributing what money you can to an organization you can stomach that will help elect McCain. Forget the economy, health care, drilling or social security. If Obama is elected the supreme court of 2010 will start to dismantle your rights. A vote for McCain is a vote for more victories like this one.

Nafod

Change I can belive in
I love how these tyrant mayors (Daley) are already trying to find new ways to subvert this decision. How do these asshats heep getting re-elected?

Unions. Chicago is run by the unions. Heck i didnt even live downtown and i had joined two of them in my pre full time job days.

And in that same vein, im not so sure my vote counts for much if i vote for McCain.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And in that same vein, im not so sure my vote counts for much if i vote for McCain.
I am afraid I don't get your comment. I did just get back from a run in 90+ degree heat so my brain is a little fried. (My keyboard will be if I keep dropping sweat on it.)

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
I have stated before that I am against ALL gun laws, because they are redundant. We already have laws in place to cover anything that you could do wrong with a gun. Murder is murder, it doesn't matter if you use a knife, a baseball bat or a gun.

I noticed that it was mentioned that the SCOTUS ruling distanced gun ownership from the statement in the 2nd Amendment about militias. Anybody want to guess why? If they would have tied gun ownership to militias, they would have created a precedent by which the Federal laws on automatic weapons could be challenged. It would have opened the door for ownership of military weapons.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
.... . Not only must you vote this November but you must actively participate by talking to friends and neighbors and contributing what money you can to an organization you can stomach that will help ...

And least we forget the so called Fairness Doctrine, the intent of which is to limit Free Speech when it involves conservatives. Seems I recall the Obama campaign refused to allow Fox News into several events, refused to participate in a Fox News sponsored event.

Just vote!

//end threadjack